I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

R - Red Christmas Deer

21st April "R" Post
"Red Christmas Deer"

Back again.... and later than originally planned!  Goodness me where has the day gone?
Today is 21st April and posting Day 18 of the "Blogging from A to Z April 2015 Challenge".

Today is "R" - "Red Christmas Deer"

Red: Red is the color at the end of the spectrum of visible light next to orange and opposite violet

Christmas & Deer: see previous posts for explanations.... :o)

Oh, the fun of finding an "R" design.... not quite as hard as "Q" as I was thinking of using anything that had an "R" in the name or "Red" as a colour in the design.....  but then I remembered that I had seen this gorgeous design sometime ago and "R"'s fate was sealed!

"Red Christmas Deer" is another gorgeous design from Laura aka "The Little Stitcher".  This one is a freebie on her blog and the link is here.


Now if you're wondering what strange sort of fabric I am stitching the deer on... I will explain!

A number of years ago while shopping at Ikea I came across some plain tea towels that were edged with a red and white Scandinavian style trim (as you would expect to see in an Ikea store!).  I used one to stitch a Margaret Sherry design on (Link is here if you are interested in seeing the finished product), but the other one has been sitting in my cupboard just waiting for the right design to come along....

So last night I decided to get the tea towel out, grab some 14ct waste canvas and get stitching! When I have finished stitching the Christmas Deer I should have a lovely "red" Christmas tea towel with a Scandinavian look to it!

If you like these last two designs that I have been showcasing, please drop by Laura's blog and Laura's Etsy store and have a squizz at all of the beautiful designs that she has available.  You won't be disappointed!

Tonight's stitching will be on a poor long suffering WIP..... no more new starts for a couple of days now!!

You may have noticed that I still haven't done my IHSW post, hopefully tomorrow will be an easier day and I will have more time to plan my next couple of posts.....



Til then.... Happy Stitching and Happy Blogging!
Hugs xx

7 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Your snowman looked wonderful on the tea towel and I'm sure this one will as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This design will look great on a tea towel. A great idea. And yes, The Little Stitcher has some gorgeous designs on etsy site, no disappointment at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a lovley design, I love plain red designs. You have just reminded me I didn't do my IHSW post!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another lovely choice. I discovered some waste canvas in a box the other day. I'm sure I was going to do something specific with it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. How funny is that!!
    Love the twee with the snowmen, this one Will be beautifull too. Your christmas Will have much lovely stitching pieces to show in your house

    ReplyDelete
  6. How funny is that!!
    Love the twee with the snowmen, this one Will be beautifull too. Your christmas Will have much lovely stitching pieces to show in your house

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥