I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Monday, April 20, 2015

Q - Queen of the Bees

20th April "Q" Post
"Queen of the Bees"

Oh dear, it's another Monday!
Today is 20th April and posting Day 17 of the "Blogging from A to Z April 2015 Challenge".

Today is "Q" - "Queen of the Bees"

Queen: the female ruler of an independent state, especially one who inherits the position by right of birth.

Bee: a stinging winged insect which collects nectar and pollen, produces wax and honey, and lives in large communities.

Put the two together... and we get a Queen Bee - the single reproductive female in a hive or colony of honeybees.

"Q" was tricky.... I thought of "Quaker" designs, "Quilt" designs, "Queer" designs, "Quirky" designs and nothing really jumped out of me!

All the time that I have been thinking of "Q" designs I kept coming up with "Queen Bee".  I finally remembered, after numerous hours of searching and thinking of "Q" designs, that I had seen a couple of Queen Bee designs.  So after some more time searching on Google... I finally found what I was looking for!

Let me introduce you to "The Queen of the Bees".

Image from "The Little Stitcher" Etsy Store
This gorgeous design is designed by Laura aka "The Little Stitcher".  

I have been following Laura's blog for some time now and have drooled over her gorgeous designs... and now I have one!  It was so easy to purchase the chart... I bought it through Laura's Etsy store on Saturday and on Sunday morning it sitting in my email waiting for me to print and start stitching!

Last night I started stitching on this gorgeous lady and I managed to get some of her dress done.  I am using only DMC threads and stitching her on the most beautiful light blue fabric (just for something different....)


The fabric is from Tammy at Colour Cascade Fabrics here in Perth, and is called "Island of Avalon" - 32ct Belfast.

I will be back tomorrow for with my official IHSW post (which I meant to do today), as well as my "R" post - assuming I can think of what to stitch for "R"... see you then!



Til then.... Happy Stitching and Happy Blogging!
Hugs xx

10 comments:

  1. What a great choice for Q. And the Little Stitcher's Queen Be is such a lovely design. This designer's creations grow on me more and more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Q for queen of the alphabet postings wink

    ReplyDelete
  3. This pattern and Island of Avalon are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stop tempting me!!! I love bee motifs although I have yet to stitch any. May have to add this to my stash!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful design and start Noni. I love the fabric.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely new start Noni. I really like Laura's designs. You are really giving it a different twist with that fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And she is still stitching!!
    keep up the good stitch, your almost there

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great excuse to buy a new chart and make a new start! I love The Little Stitcher's designs and she is a lovely person too if you ever get a chance to correspond with her. She does FB.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! New follower here. I'm stopping by from the "A to Z" challenge, and I look forward to visiting again!

    Sylvia
    www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Laura's work!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥