I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Saturday, April 18, 2015

P - Peter Polar Bear

18th April "P" Post
"Peter Polar Bear"

Saturday has finally arrived.... today is Saturday 18th April and posting Day 16 of the "Blogging from A to Z April 2015 Challenge".

Today is "P" - "Peter Polar Bear"

Polar Bear: The polar bear is a very large carnivorous bear whose native range lies largely within the Arctic Circle, encompassing the Arctic Ocean, its surrounding seas and surrounding land masses.

Peter: Peter is a common masculine given name. It is derived, via Latin "petra", from the Greek word πέτρος (petros) meaning "stone" or "rock"

I currently have three "P" designs on the go... and I had originally planned to stitch on Nora Corbett's "Prancer".... but with a rather sore left shoulder and total exhaustion bearing down on me last night, I decided to get out "Peter Polar Bear" instead and put a few stitches in to him.

This design is, as you may already have guessed from his name, another one of the Advent Animals from Brooke Nolan.

When I last stitched on "Peter Polar Bear" he looked like this:


I only managed a small number of stitches last night before I had to go and find my pillow.... but he does now look like this:


That's it for "Peter Polar Bear"... he will be back again soon!

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and comments about my shoulder injection.  The injection went well, wasn't too painful but as it was done while I was in the CT scanner I had to stay absolutely still.... and that was the worse bit - do you know  much your nose can itch when you can't move a muscle!!  Fingers crossed I will have an unfrozen shoulder in a few days!

I will be back tomorrow for my TUSAL post... see you then!



Til then.... Happy Stitching and Happy Blogging!
Hugs xx

9 comments:

  1. Good stitching Noni.I hope your shoulder feels easier today

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Leonie, how do you keep track of all these starts?! Seriously, I'd be buried under them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peter is so cute! Must be hard staying still. Hope your shoulder is better soon. You have so much stitching to do, after all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice progress on Peter Noni.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peter is so sweet, for a large carnivorous bear LOL.
    It's good to get even a few stitches in, every one brings you closer to a finish.
    Hope your shoulder is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You never get bored with Brooke's Book's funny advent animals. Already the names make me smile.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥