I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Thursday, April 16, 2015

N - New Year's Magic

16th April "N" Post
"New Year's Magic!"

It's Thursday 16th April and posting Day 14 of the "Blogging from A to Z April 2015 Challenge".

Today is "N" - "New Year's Magic"

New Year: the time of the year at which a new calendar comes out and hangs on the wall and we all make these wonderful resolutions!

Magic: everyone needs a little bit of magic!


"New Year's Magic" is a design probably best stitched at the end of the year - but I saw this lovely fairy and decided to stitch her during my Crazy January Challenge.  At the risk of repeating myself.... this one is a Brooke Nolan design... link to her freebie page is here

The last time I showed her on my blog she looked like this:


Now she looks like this:


She is starting to taking shape now...  I know that she looks a bit weird at the moment, but I am missing a couple of thread colours so I have had to stitch around those spots for now! (My husband can't believe that I don't have every available thread when he looks at what I do have!!)

That's it for today's post... tomorrow is Friday!  I am so hanging out for Friday....

Also, don't forget this weekend is IHSW (International Hermit and Stitch Weekend).  Joysze is taking sign ups now, so head over to Joysze's blog, say hi and sign up for a weekend of indulging in our favourite past time!



Til then.... Happy Stitching and Happy Blogging!
Hugs xx

9 comments:

  1. I have also loved this little design from the moment I saw it first. And you made some nice progress here. Concerning the threads - my husband also wonders that there are threads that I don't have, lol. How is this possible, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice progress on a cute design Noni.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this design too Noni. What fabric is that you're using? It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Justine, I am stitching this on "Sugar Cane Crunch" 32 ct Belfast Opal from Stitches and Spice.

      Delete
  4. very familiar with your N...nice wink.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad I found your blog through A to Z Challenge. Love your New Year's Magic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also downloaded this one ages ago but have never stitched it! She looks lovely. Maybe for 2016's New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this fabric your using, and the stitching is lovely too

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know what you mean about having missing thread. Every time I kit up a new project and I'm missing something I'm like "how do I not have every color made yet?!?!"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥