I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Monday, April 13, 2015

K - Katie Kitty

13th April "K" Post
"Katie Kitty"

It's Monday 13th April which means it is posting Day 11 of the "Blogging from A to Z April 2015 Challenge".  Can you believe another Monday has dawned?  Not my most favourite day of the week!

Today is "K" - "Katie Kitty"

Katie: Katie is an English feminine name. It is a pet form of Katherine, Kate, Caitlin, Kathleen and their related forms

Kitty: a cute and fluffy four-legged friend, and a name I may call my cat.... 

You may have noticed that I am currently stitching a number of freebies that have been designed by the wonderful and whimsical Brooke Nolan of Brooke's Books Publishing.  Today's post is also showcasing a Brooke Nolan freebie design.

During my Crazy January stitching challenge, I decided to start stitching on the 25 Advent Animals series that Brooke is currently designing.  A new animal is released each month on her website and she has so far designed about half of the 25!  The link is here if you are interested in stitching these designs as well.

This is where I got to with stitching "Katie Kitty" at the end of the January challenge:


"Katie Kitty" now has a little bit more colour in her jacket....


I am stitching a number of these Advent Animals on the same piece of fabric - 32ct Belfast "Moonbeam" from Stitches & Spice.   Unfortunately taking photos in dull light doesn't really show the pretty light blue of the fabric off very well!

I do plan to stitch a couple more of the Advent Animals during the A-Z challenge - so stay tuned for more whimsy and cuteness!



Til then.... Happy Stitching and Happy Blogging!
Hugs xx

9 comments:

  1. These are very cute! I'm really enjoying your A to Z challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Brooke Nolan designs are going to look awesome together.Lovely progress

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cuteness is right! Love her. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice progress on Katie Kitty Noni.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great little animals. I really want to stitch them for my Godmother to share with her grandchildren. Maybe in time for Christmas 2016!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that set of Christmas designs they are so cute :D It's nice to meet you... I just found you through the A-Z challenge. I blog over at www.naughtcrossstitches.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes, Katie Kitty. I'm not a special cat person but I love this Brooke Nolan kitty. Hmmm, I love all these funny little animals in the series.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hihihi.. Katie Kitty is coming... have fun

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment, otherwise I will reply via email! ♥ Note, I have had to enable comment moderation due to the number of spam comments I am currently receiving. Hopefully I can return to normal comment publishing soon :)