I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Friday, April 10, 2015

I - Ice Skating Hedgehog


10th April "I" Post
"Ice Skating Hedgehog"

Welcome to 10th April and posting Day 9 of the "Blogging from A to Z April 2015 Challenge".  It's Friday... and raining... but it's still Friday!!

Today is "I" - "Ice Skating Hedgehog"

Ice Skatingis moving on ice by using ice skates (the only time I ice-skated I ended up with a very sore and wet backside!)

Hedgehog: A hedgehog is any of the spiny mammals of the subfamily Erinaceinae, which is in the order Erinaceomorpha - in other words... a little cute and not so furry animal!

As I mentioned yesterday I don't have a current "I" WIP, which meant I had to think about what to stitch for this letter of the alphabet.  After looking at ice creams, icicles, Ink Circles (the designer) and ice skaters I finally settled on Margaret Sherry's "Ice Skating Hedgehog".


After some stitching last night while watching a couple of episodes of "Fortitude", this is what he looks like.

This particular design was originally published in the UK CrossStitcher magazine back in February 2009 (Issue 209).  I am stitching it on the last of my "Arabian Nights" fabric from Stitches and Spice.

Tomorrow is "J" Day and I am still thinking about what I will stitch on tonight to showcase "J".



Til next time.... Happy Stitching and Happy Blogging!
Hugs xx

8 comments:

  1. Good choice! I stitched this one too...it is really cute when it is finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great choice to present this lovely little guy for the letter I. I love all these little Margaret Sherry animals and will have to find some for me to stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute design and nice start Noni.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ice skating and Hedghog, two phrases not often used together! But MS designs are always cute.
    How about something for a person whose name begins with J for tomorrow? Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your stitches! esp the grumpy cat! i used to cross stitch in college - wish i had more time for it. happy to see yours!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥