I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

F - Faces of Joan Elliott Mystery SAL


7th April "F" Post
"Faces of Joan Elliott Mystery SAL"

Welcome to 7th April and posting Day 6 of the "Blogging from A to Z April 2015 Challenge".   I am back at work today after a wonderful 4 days off.... during the time off I managed to get quite a bit of stitching done so I am feeling pretty pleased with myself!

Day 6 is "F" day....

"F" - "Faces of Joan Elliott Mystery SAL"

Mystery: Anything that is kept secret or remains unexplained or unknown

SAL: Stitch A Long refers to a group of stitchers all stitching on the same design

I love SAL's - which you may have realised considering the number that I have listed on my side bar!!  Mystery SAL's are something that I don't join in with very often... even though I do love a good mystery.... I am not always sure that I will like the final design so I generally prefer to wait to see how things start to appear before joining.

But having said that... there are certain designers that I know I will love whatever they design no matter what, so I just jump right in.... this Mystery SAL is the perfect example of me doing just!

With this SAL each month or so a new face is released to fill in the boxes that we have already stitched.  Of course I am languishing way behind again... there is one final face to be released and I am still stitching on the first face!

This is what my first face looked like the last time you saw her in February:


During a "Battlestar Galactica" Series 2 marathon on Sunday afternoon I managed to get some stitching done on her right wing.  Monday saw me do a number of hours on her face as I was determined to finish this one before the long weekend was over.... but sadly I didn't quite make that final hurdle! Oh well... there will always be another stitching weekend somewhere in the near future!

So here she is today - almost ready for her bling to be added!


The next time I show you an update on this one, our lovely angel will be all blinged up and hopefully Block #2 will be almost done as well - but no promises as the "over 1" stitching that I foolishly decided to do for her skin is taking so loonngg.......

So that's it for today's "F" post...  tomorrow is "G" Day and there can only be one "G" - Grumpy Cat!



Til next time.... Happy Stitching and Happy Blogging!
Hugs xx

9 comments:

  1. She's beautiful, so worth doing the over one on her face. You'll get there eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks great Noni. I almost started that SAL but glad I didn't.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that beautiful face needs eyes Noni!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute, really pretty face. Must be pleasant to stitch. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, someone who is even further behind than I am! I do love the later blocks in this. It's only the cat one I was not keen on. Which is weird because I am a cat person but that cat was too round in the face like a big old British tabby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are right, with Joan Elliot you can never go wrong. At the moment I am going through all my old and older magazines (again!) looking for Joan Elliott designs that I could stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not only do you show beautifull stitching pieces, you also learn us many things.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥