I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Saturday, April 4, 2015

D - Deer and Grapes


4th April "D" Post
"Deer and Grapes" Mystery Sampler

Welcome to 4th April and Day 4 of the "Blogging from A to Z April 2015 Challenge".   

Day 4 is "D" day....  As soon as I started planning my A-Z inspired stitching the "Deer and Grapes Mystery Sampler" was the first WIP I thought of stitching on for "D" day.
"Bambi and Thumper"
Disney web image
No, Bambi and Thumper have nothing whatsoever to do with my Deer and Grapes stitching... I just thought they looked cute ♥

"D" - Deer and Grapes......

Deer: The word "deer" was originally broader in meaning, but became more specific over time.  In Middle English, der (Old English dēor) meant a wild animal of any kind.

Grapes: A fruiting berry of the deciduous woody vines of the botanical genus Vitis.  Commonly enjoyed by the glass...or even by the bottle!  My personal favourite grape is the one that has bubbles and has a French name!

The "Deer and Grapes Mystery Sampler SAL" is designed by Jean Farish.  It is being run as a Mystery SAL (Stitch a Long) however, I am way behind some of the stitchers who have already finished it!!  But I won't let that put me off... I stitch at my own pace - snail's pace most of the time!!

I have had a couple of stitching sessions with this sampler now, the last one being for the IHSW in March.  At the end of that marathon effort my sampler looked like this:


Do you like my little paw needle minder?

Now after stitching on this again on Thursday night and most of Friday, we have a little bit more progress and here is what it looks like now:


If you are interested in stitching any of Jean's designs, she has an Etsy store that you can purchase her delightful designs from, including the Mystery SAL (I think it's still available).  She has also set up a FB page for those of us that have purchased the Mystery Sampler so that we can post our progress and keep in touch with her and the others that are stitching this lovely sampler.  A source of inspiration to keep stitching on this lovely design.

So that's it for today's "D" post...  Tomorrow is a non-posting day for the challenge, so my next post will be on Monday when it is all about the fifth letter of the alphabet - "E".


Til next time.... Happy Stitching and Happy Blogging!
Hugs xx

9 comments:

  1. Lovely design and progress Noni.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the delicate design. What is a "Mystery Sampler?" Do you know what it's going to look before you start, or only after you finish?

    You can find me here:
    ClarabelleRant

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely sampler. Nothing wrong with stitching slowly! You'll get there in the end and enjoy the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a saying in Afrikaans ...agter os kom ook in die kraal in.....I won't give the direct translation but basically what it means is that no matter how slow you may be...you'll get to where you want to be :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pressed enter before I was done.....duh! :D
    Still wanted to say...that's a gorgeous piece you're working on!
    And congrats on the smashing World Cup victory....I had hoped your boys would pull through when we got stumped!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hihihi.. I love Bambi.
    Have fun with your pieces

    ReplyDelete
  7. A Jean Farish project - great choice for D.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥