I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Friday, April 3, 2015

C - Christmas something....


3rd April "C" Post
Christmas Mouse #1

Welcome to 3rd April and Day 3 of the "Blogging from A to Z April 2015 Challenge".   

Day 3 is "C" day....  Of course the first thing I thought of for a "C' Day post was Christmas!  So here we go:

"C" - Christmas......

Christmas: Christmas or Christmas Day (Old English: meaning "Christ's Mass") is an annual festival commemorating the birth of Jesus Christ, observed most commonly on December 25 as a religious and cultural celebration among billions of people around the world.

Christmas is also one of the cutest event to stitch for and probably one of the most common stitching themes around!!

And I could not go past a chance to post some lovely Christmas stitching!  For those that have seen my Crazy January starts this year you will know that I have a one of two Christmas WIP's on the go to choose from!!


So which one to choose to showcase for "C" day....  After fiddling around for a bit I finally decided to stitch on the trio of Margaret Sherry Christmas Mice.

Mouse #1 was the final choice and back in January when I last had him out of the stitching basket he looked like this:


After an hour or two of stitching on Wednesday night he now looks like this:


Some progress has been made - he has a bit more of a noticeable body shape now.  Of course, as with all MS designs, the back stitch will actually make this brown and white blob look like a mouse when it's all finished!

Hopefully he and his mouse cousins will be finished over the next couple of visits to the stitching pile!  Once I have stitched all three I will probably turn this into a small hanging for Christmas... note that I didn't say which Christmas!!!

So that's it for today's "C" post...  I do hope that you are enjoying seeing my stitching updates so far.  I do have more to come and fingers crossed I can keep up with the everyday posting!!



Til tomorrow.... Happy Stitching and Happy Blogging!
Hugs xx

8 comments:

  1. Those Christmas mice are adorable Noni.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such super cute mice! Love those designs. love Annette

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stitched those mice last year. They are really cute! A Wall Hanging would be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Hope you get back to this MS soon. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cats and cross stitching - what could be better? Love your cute little Christmas mouse too :) So glad I came across your blog on the A to Z challenge!! Special Teaching at Pempi’s Palace

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love Margaret Sherry's mice, these are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These little Christmas mice are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a very very cute design.. have fun stitching!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment, otherwise I will reply via email! ♥ Note, I have had to enable comment moderation due to the number of spam comments I am currently receiving. Hopefully I can return to normal comment publishing soon :)