I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Thursday, April 2, 2015

B - Bonsai and Buddha


2nd April "B" Post
Bonsai and Buddha

Welcome to 2nd April and Day 2 of the "Blogging from A to Z April 2015 Challenge".   

Day 2 is "B" day.  When I was thinking about what to post for "B", my first thought was "Bees" - I just adore cute looking "Bees"...

web image
.... but at the moment I am not stitching any bees... so instead my post today is:

"B" - Bonsai and Buddha

Bonsai: is a Japanese art form using miniature trees grown in containers
Buddha: Born in Nepal in the 6th century B.C., Buddha was a spiritual leader and teacher whose life serves as the foundation of the Buddhist religion

"Bonsai and Buddha" is a Dimensions kit that I started a number of years ago, and put away (as you do) for some long forgotten reason!

I then picked this up again in January 2015 as it had been staring at me from it's corner of the craft room for long enough!

This is what it looked like after a little bit of love and attention in January.


And after some more love and attention on Tuesday night it now looks like this:


Not a lot of progress but at least the grassy mound looks like it is growing now!

Hopefully one day when I get it finished it will look like the one in the picture below:

Dimensions Kit: Bonsai and Buddha
Picture from 123 Stitch Website
So that's it for today's "B" post... I will "B" off now to prepare for my next post!



Til tomorrow.... Happy Stitching and Happy Blogging!
Hugs xx

8 comments:

  1. What a pretty chart and you have made some nice progress Noni.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know needle work is a great way to calm your mind. I love that your finished work will be a beautiful piece representing that same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely piece!!!
    Someday you will finish it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd almost be tempted to try that design myself, it's so attractive. Except that I know it would probably take me years to finish and I have some crochet projects also stretching over years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice, but you could add a little bee to your x-stitch...the tree needs the bee to pollinate it, right? I sure know what you mean about putting a project aside and forgetting it for whatever reason, lol

    Sandy at Bridge and Beyond

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found your blog through the a-z challenge. Nice to meet another cat lover :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice design. I do like bonsai trees, I like anything miniature really.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment, otherwise I will reply via email! ♥ Note, I have had to enable comment moderation due to the number of spam comments I am currently receiving. Hopefully I can return to normal comment publishing soon :)