I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

A - Autumn Fab Fob


1st April "A" Post
Autumn Fab Fob (Designer: Lizzie Kate)

Hello, welcome to April.... and welcome to April Fool's Day!

As most of us are probably aware... today is the 1st April....  and that means this is my first post for the "Blogging from A to Z April 2015 Challenge".

Today's post is all about "A" - Autumn Fab Fob

So what is an Autumn Fab Fob?  Well....

Autumn: interchangeably known as fall in North America, is one of the four temperate seasons. Autumn marks the transition from summer into winter.  Australia is currently experiencing Autumn!

Fab Fob: short for fabulous scissor fob...

Which in this case translates to an Autumn inspired scissor fob that I am currently stitching...

This is a Lizzie Kate design that I won in a giveaway a few years ago.  It had been languishing in my stash since then... until I decided to take part in a couple of Crazy January Stitching Challenges earlier this year.  Regular readers of my blog will also see this design pop up occasionally in my monthly posts for the Gifted Gorgeousness SAL.

I last stitched on this sweet design in early March and it looked like this when I posted that update:


After Monday night's stitching effort, it now looks like this:


I am stitching this on the fabric that came with the chart and using the good ole' DMC threads... Won't be long now before this will be marked up as a "Finish"!

So that's it for today's "A" post... short and sweet!



Til tomorrow.... Happy Stitching and Happy Blogging!
Hugs xx

12 comments:

  1. Fun "A" post! Is this cross-stitching? I used to stitch when I was pregnant with my first son. Now, sadly, I don't have time anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always admired the stitch workers who could do it without a "grid" layout. I'd be hopeless at it - and given that I haven't done any cross-stitching in years, I wouldn't even consider attempting it! It looks wonderful - and good luck!

    Delightful post for the kick off of A-Z :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute fob and nice progress Noni.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice stitching, love the color of the fabric. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you're making a lot of progress on it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Autum... "Jeseň" in my mother language :o) Funny decoration for the scissors and nice design :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks lovely! I wish I had the patience for work like that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The first April post, and a fun one!!
    Love the Fob your making!!
    Have fun posting every day!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What gorgeous colours! can't wait to see it all finished.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a big old scissor fob, you won't lose them with that attached!
    Autumn is my favourite seasonal theme, probably because that's when my Birthday is.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a nice little project for the letter A. I also love autumn very much for its great colours in nature.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥