I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Saturday, March 21, 2015

TUSAL March 2015

It's TUSAL time again....  another new moon - another month has disappeared before our very eyes!

As you know I have actually been stitching over the last month, and as you will now see the ORT's have been growing again!

But this month we have a slight change!  Gone is the old Maccona coffee jar that I have been using for years...

Today I have a new ORT's holder... but which one of these three is it?


Here they are... in the little suitcase....


The suitcase and the pretty blue box in the background are from the Body Shop.  They were full of yummy Body Shop things, but I didn't buy them for what was in them... I had eyes only for the containers!! ♥

This weekend is International Hermit and Stitch Weekend (IHSW) and for my weekend stitching I want to try and stitch on my Jean Farish Deer and Grapes SAL.

Here it is already to go... right where I left off last time!  The pretty paws needle minder and scissor fob are going to keep me company while I am stitching today!


So that's it for this post.... I will be back again in the next couple of days to show you what I have been stitching on over the last week or so... so stay tuned!


Til then, happy stitching!


*********************
If you don't know (or haven't heard) about the 2015 TUSAL, Daffycat is again hosting the fun Totally Useless SAL (TUSAL).  Essentially we stitch and save our ORT's (Old Raggety Threads) and every New Moon those of us participating in the TUSAL post a picture of our ORT's jar, and then leave little msgs for Daffycat on her blog to show that we have been stitching and have posted our wonderful pics.  Please head over to her sign up page and join in the fun!

New Moons - 2015
18th April
18th May
16th June
16th July
14th August
13th September
13th October
11th November
11th December

10 comments:

  1. So sweet
    Lovely orts and your stitching is so lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Leonie, I do that too, buy something for its packaging!
    I bought a Walkers shortbread tin from the PO because the tin is perfect for my bag I take to Patch group

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely boxes!! Looking forward to see your IHSW stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your new ort box! Hope you're having a good IHSW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your new ort box! Hope you're having a good IHSW.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your new ort box! Hope you're having a good IHSW.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely Ort containers. I see you belong to the Chatelaine stitching and stitching Halloween ornies too. That just shows more places that our interests are similar. I have the Alpine season by Martina from Chatelaine all kitted and hope to stitch at some point as well as the Desert Mandala. Did you ever stitch one of her designs?
    After this Lizzie katee Winter's alphabet I hoe to stitch a patriotic one called Heart of America. Thinking time wise I might be able to get it done by our fourth of July. Seems like I always finish stitching one after the holiday has passed by a month sometimes two. That way I'm at least ready for the following year anyway.

    Thanks for leaving such kind remarks on the Meet and greet , it's appreciated. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely way to stash your orts. Have fun stitching

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely way to stash your orts. Have fun stitching

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your two new containers - the little suitcase certainly makes a great ORT receptacle.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥