I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

IHSW Check In... better late than never!


This is a very quick fly by post as I am very late in telling you about my weekend stitching!

So without further ado, here is my little stitching update for my "Numb Bum" weekend or IHSW as it is formally called (ie last weekend's stitching)!

I stitched on one piece last weekend and only managed to stitch on Saturday and Sunday for a couple of hours each day but I did make some headway on my chosen WIP.

Remember I said that I was going to be stitching on my Jean Farish "Deer and Grapes Mystery SAL" piece - this is what it looked like before the weekend:


and it now looks like this as of Monday evening:



I managed to finish the other bit of the top half of the border and then started on the first of the top row of flowers.

Overall I am reasonably pleased with my stitching effort for the weekend.  I would have liked to be a bit further ahead but never mind it will appear back in my rotation again very soon.

For those that don't know the IHSW is held on the third Friday to Sunday every month.  Joyce from Random Ramblings will post a couple of days before the weekend so you can sign up and then you stitch as much as you can on the weekend and then on Monday (or Tuesday... or Wednesday) you post pics of what you did... all very easy really!

Thanks it for now, will be back again soon with some more wonderful stitching highlights... or something like that anyway!

Til next time, happy stitching!
Hugs xx

11 comments:

  1. Great progress. What a great idea to use pins to count on a long border (at least, I think that's what they are there for!) I will have to copy that next time I have some counting to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress
    Well done dear xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful progress Noni.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty stitching,love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's wonderful progress. Such a lovely piece.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can be definitely pleased with your progress on this great Jean Farish piece. I am doing this needle thing as well, it helps a lot not to miscount.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have stitched much this weekend!!
    Great progress!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful progress, Noni - well worth the numb bum!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your sampler is looking great, lots of progress over the weekend.
    I rarely remember to post on the Monday either!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've made brilliant progress Noni. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥