I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Saturday, February 28, 2015

More New Starts....

Yep, I have some more new starts to show you....  You would think that I had more than enough on my stitching plate with all the January new starts without starting anything else.... but no, I am a glutton for punishment or a serial starter - not sure which applies in this case!!

My first new start was at the beginning on the month but I keep forgetting to show you....

This is a Design Works kit called "Birdcage" that I have had sitting in my stash for sometime.  I had originally pulled it out as a possible new start for the January challenges but it just never seemed to get to the top of the pile.

"Birdcage"
Design Works kit
I know it isn't a very big start... in fact it really is only a tiny start but it does register as start in my book!  I swapped out the plain white Aida that was in the kit for a piece of fabric that I had in my stash.  The fabric is from Colour Cascade Fabrics and is called "Bed of Roses" (32 ct Belfast).  I am really looking forward to stitching this one, but I'm not sure about all the silver thread and sequins that will be included to get all that sparkle happening in the dress!

Second new start in February was for a mystery SAL that I signed up for in late December.  I didn't get this started before now as I needed a number of the threads including the dark blue for the border.

The "Deer and Grapes Mystery Sampler SAL" is designed by Jean Farish.  Jean has an Etsy store that you can purchase the most delightful designs from, including the Mystery SAL (I think it's still available).  She has set up a FB page for those of us that have purchased the SAL to that we can post our progress and keep in touch with her and the others that are stitching this lovely sampler.  So far part 1 and 2 have been released with part 3 due any day now.

This is as far as I have managed to get after a couple of stitching days in February...
"Deer & Grapes Mystery SAL"
Designer: Jean Farish
I am stitching this on a piece of "Autumn Glade" (32ct Lugana) from Stitches and Spice.  I have devised a rather cunning plan of marking off my stitches on the border as I go so that I don't mis-count!  Fingers crossed that plan works as I really don't want to be playing with my old friend the frog too much on this one!

And for my final new start in February I have a design that I started stitching as the February Theme for the Hallowe'en Ornie SAL Blog.  February's theme is "Skeletons".

Finding a skeleton that I liked wasn't that easy at first... but then I remembered a design that I had put on my "must stitch" list ever since I saw it in the Just Cross Stitch 2013 Halloween Special Edition magazine.

The design is from Praiseworthy Stitches and is called "Dancing in the Moonlight".  I am stitching this on a beautiful fabric called "Riders on the Storm" (32ct Belfast Opal) from Colour Cascade Fabrics.  I just love this design.  I started stitching this last weekend and worked on it until I got to a skeleton!  So here he is.... my skeleton!

"Dancing in the Moonlight"
Designer: Praiseworthy Stitches
Oops.... I just noticed that I haven't quite finished him... for some reason my brain said I had, but I now see I am missing a bit of the dark grey (DMC 3799) in his tummy.... Oh well....never mind I will sort him out when I pick him up again later in the month.

That's it for now... I think I have now caught up with all my latest new starts.  My next post will be my February "Jingles" update and then we will be into March!  Goodness where is the year going?

Til next time, happy stitching!
Hugs xx


12 comments:

  1. My dear your new starts are super yummy..I love them so much..
    Happy stitching
    Big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous, Noni! LOVE the fabrics!!! Looking forward to seeing these, especially "Dancing" and "Birdcage"

    ReplyDelete
  3. more great starts look forward to watching them grow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your lady stitching...is beautiful...what lovely work you do...kisses mdm samm canada

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous starts Noni. I love them all.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowza Noni! You made an amazing amount of starts in January and February! Way to go girl! Love the fabby you swapped out for that pretty lady. I think the sparkles will look fantastic on it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your new starts, Noni. Your chosen fabrics are really going to make them stand out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Serial starter for sure!! But oh my, Leonie... those new starts are amazing... I have often ogled The Birdcage, but I've decided to give it a miss

    ReplyDelete
  9. More starts?! I do like your little skeleton and I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the design.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Startitis is something that I dearly love, lol. I love starting new projects - you can never have enough in my opinion. And you started three great new projects. These blue fabrics look so gorgeous and It will be very interesting to see the designs grow on them.
    I didn't know that Jean Farish is still designing. Great to know that as I love her work. Her America sampler is one of my UFOs that I have the intention to revive this year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment, otherwise I will reply via email! ♥ Note, I have had to enable comment moderation due to the number of spam comments I am currently receiving. Hopefully I can return to normal comment publishing soon :)