I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Thursday, February 12, 2015

How about a February stitching update!

Hello!  Did you miss me?  After all my prolific posting in January, I seem to have come to a bit of halt all of a sudden!

But I am back again now with a very quick update on some of my WIP's from the Crazy January challenges as well as some updates on my older but much loved WIP's.

Since the end of the January's crazy challenges I have focused my stitching efforts on three WIP's - Lizzie Kate's "Jingles", Joan Elliott's "Faces of JE SAL" and my little Winter Witch.  Below are the latest pics of where they are all at now.

Faces of JE SAL - designed by Joan Elliott
Last update on this SAL was on 16th January 2015 and she looked like this:

Progress as at 16 January 2015
After a bit of a stitching session (SAL within in a SAL) last weekend, she now looks like this:

Progress as at 9 February 2015
I am still way behind in this SAL but eventually I will catch up!  Part of the slowness of stitching on this design is that I decided to stitch the face and skin "over 1".... I am regretting that decision a little bit now as it takes so long..... but I think overall it will be worth it.  As you can probably see I keep taking a break from the "over 1" stitching other parts of the design to give my eyes a rest!

Lizzie Kate's "Jingles" - designed by Lizzie Kate
As you know "Jingles" has been around for awhile now.... and every now and then I do a bit more on them.  I picked it up again the other night and did some stitches, but as I don't officially need to do a "Jingles" update til the end of the month, this will just be a quick sneak peek!

When you last saw "Jingles" on 17th January 2015, it looked like this:

Progress as at 17 January 2015

And now "Jingles" looks like this:

Progress as at 10 February 2015
Slowly but surely this one is inching it's way to the end!  I will try and get a bit more stitched on this section before the end of the month.

and last but not least, there is:

Winter Witch - designed by The Snowflower Diaries
The last time I showed you my lovely little witch she looked like this:

Progress as at 28 January 2015
And after some intensive love and attention Winter Witch and her snowman companion are finished!

Winter Witch - designer: Snowflower Diaries
stitched on "Hocus Pocus" 32ct Belfast from Stitches & Spice
Finished 6 February 2015
So there you go my first finish for 2015!  I decided not to do some confetti white stitches around her wand and instead stitched on some pretty gold beads and blinged her up a bit!

I now have to post her on the Hallowe'en Ornie SAL Blog and I can then tick "Witches" off my stitching list!

I am not sure yet what I will do with her as a final finish yet.... so for the time being she will go in the finished file til inspiration strikes!

That's it for this very quick stitching update.  I will be back over the next few days as TUSAL is coming up soon, as are a couple of other posting deadlines. so til then....


Happy Stitching and no froggin!
hugs xx


14 comments:

  1. Congrats on the cute finish and nice progress on your other pieces.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely progress on all of your pieces and big congratulations on a finish. Yay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking great on all of your WIPS! All look so lovely :) I need to get back to my Joan Elliot SAL, thanks for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic stitching. The witch finish is very cute indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great progress with your projects there, Leonie...
    I was thinking of you with the fires the other day, Golly I just get so angry about the fact that some idiots deliberately create such chaos & danger

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no! Do NOT regret the over one on her. It looks wonderful. Just keep hopping around for breaks. It will get done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful stitching!!
    How cute the Winter Witch ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on such a cute finishing! That over one stitching is definitely worth the effort, it looks stunning. I love the colours in the LK piece too. Glad to see you have been stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great update and congratulations on your finish,it is sweet. I love Jingles so I was very happy to see it in this post:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable finish Noni!
    The over 1 is definitely worth it! Looking stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm behind on the Faces SAL too! I keep wondering if I should have done the whole lot over one but I wanted to use the pretty fabric I had! Yours looks beautiful as does your Snowflower witch. I really love that purple fabric. I would have chosen a pale winter blue but now I'm thinking of using a darker colour.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your JE faces SAL and good to see that Witchy is finished, my Spring Witch is, too, Just need to get my act together to post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ow my you already have a finish???
    Your updates are so great!!!
    And your finish is so great.
    Do you now how you will finsih it off?
    Can't wait too see it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment, otherwise I will reply via email! ♥ Note, I have had to enable comment moderation due to the number of spam comments I am currently receiving. Hopefully I can return to normal comment publishing soon :)