I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Day 28, 29, 30, 31 - and that's all folks!

Yep, that's right we have reached the end of January... which means we have now reached the end of my January challenges of 15 new starts in 15 days, and 31 days of stitching either new starts or old WIP's - and I did it!!!  Well, really it wasn't that hard, was it?  I just had to stitch every day and be a bit organised and do some pre-planning.

The last couple of starts were all smalls and free gifts that I had in my stash as my stitching time in the evenings wasn't a lot this last week and I had to make the most of it!

So what did I start for the last 4 days?

Day 28 - The third mouse in the Margaret Sherry Christmas mouse trio.  More purple!!

Christmas Mouse #3 - designed by Margaret Sherry
I managed to get a good start on this one on Thursday night as Hubby was out so I had a quick early tea when I got home from work and then started stitching!  I am looking forward to getting back to these three meeces in the next couple of weeks and hopefully getting them finished before the end of the year!

Day 29 - Free Gift from The World of Cross Stitching magazine (WOCS) - unfortunately I can't remember what issue it is as the chart was separated from the mag when I first decided to stitch it!

This is a Helz Cuppleditch design and it is just so cute!  I really like her designs and have collected a few now that have been in the UK magazines.

Flowerpot Kitten - designed by Helz Cuppleditch
As this is a free kit I am using the included aida and threads.  Although I am sort of thinking I should have changed the fabric to a nice coloured one.... but I will stick with what I have started now!

Day 30 - Free Gift from The World of Cross Stitching magazine (WOCS) - unfortunately again the chart was separated from the mag and I had forgotten to write the issue number on it!

This one is the adorable Fizzy Moon!

Fizzy Moon
Not many stitches on this one on Friday night.  I was a bit side tracked when I got home from work on Friday night and I didn't really get going til late and then it was time for bed!  But a start is a start even if its only about 20 stitches!

Day 31 - another Margaret Sherry design, and another freebie! This one is from Cross Stitch Crazy issue 171 and is a Christmas kitty.  Do you think I like kitties??

Merry Christmas Kitten - designed by Margaret Sherry
I know yesterday was a Saturday and normally I would get a few more stitches in than this... but we went to see Les Misérables at the Crown Theatre and by the time we got home last night I didn't have a lot of hours left for stitching!  But we loved the show... first time seeing Les Misérables for Hubby but I had seen it many years ago (like about 20 or more!) when it came to Perth for the first time. This would have to be my all time favourite theatre/musical... just love the show and the music. Always brings a tear or two to my eyes when I hear songs like "Bring him home" and "On my Own". This new touring cast was amazing!

So that's it for the January challenges.... I am toying with the idea of continuing into February and making it 59 days of stitching on something new or an old WIP, but actually I think that I now need to concentrate on finishing some of these lovely new starts.... that doesn't mean to say that I won't have some new starts in February as I actually have one lined up to start once I get off the computer!! And I have couple of others that I meant to start in January but didn't so with a bit of luck they will get a showing in February!

Overall I have really loved doing the January challenges, and while I know that I have a lot of WIP's now... the challenge has got me right back into stitching and blogging again, and that is a good thing!   Now I just have to keep up the momentum and continue for the year as I started the first month!  Thank you to everyone that has read my posts and commented on them - all your comments are greatly appreciated and I have tried to respond to every comment except for those that were a "no-reply" blogger (with those ones I have tried to find your blog on your google profile and where I can I have tried to repay your comment with a comment).  I am still getting around to catching up on my blog reading so that it is next challenge to conquer!

Til my next post, happy stitching!

If you want to have a look at any of my previous updates for the FB CrosstitchCrazy Event and Debbie's Ultimate Crazy January Challenge 2015 (DUCJC2015) the links are below:

Day 1 - Winter Witch    Day 2 - "Eek!"    Day 3 - "Prancer"  Day 4 - "Autumn Fab Fob"    Day 5 - "Comet"    Day 6 - "Koala"  Day 7 - "Sneak Peek - Halloween"    Day 8 - "Printemps"    Day 9 - "été"
Day 10 - "Joyeux Noel"    Day 11 - "Feeling Festive"    Day 12 - "New Year's Magic"  Day 13 - "Grumpy Kitty"    Day 14 - "Happy Howloween"   Day 15 - "Happy Owl O Ween"    Day 16 - WIP "Faces of JE Mystery SAL"   Day 17 - WIP "Lizzie Kate's Jingles"    Day 18 - "Witch & Friends"
Day 19 - "Mini Mandala II - C"     Day 20 - WIP "Spring Bouquet"  Day 21 - WIP "Bonsai & Buddha"    Day 22 - Katie Kitty  Day 23 - Peter Polar Bear     Day 24 - MS Christmas Mouse #1  Day 25 - Mary Mouse  Day 26 - You are so Loved  Day 27 - MS Christmas Mouse # 2  Day 28 - MS Christmas Mouse #3  Day 29 - Flowerpot Kitten   Day 30 - Fizzy Moon   Day 31 - MS Christmas Kitten


Til next time, Happy Stitching



12 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 31 new starts! That Flowerpot Kitty was my nemesis. I frogged just about as much as I stitched! It's very pretty though. Looking forward to seeing your newest start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on a fabulous January full of starts - good luck in the remaining months of 2015 for all your finishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phew!!!! What an achievement. I have enjoyed every post and am looking forward to seeing your January starts in the months to cme:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you are doing so good , a great way to use up your free gifts I must get some of mine stitched up hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo hoo! These are all very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on some more cute starts and for the 31 days of stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a big achievement! You deserve a big reward :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. All great starts but where did January go?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on more great starts Noni. Thank you for joining me in this challenge. I look forward to seeing your progress on them.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on completing the January challenge! I managed the 31 but that was enough for me. Like you I am looking forward to stitching the same thing two days on the trot!
    Love the MS mice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ????? your where thng of doing it in february too??
    You don't have a fever???
    You already have 31 Wip's now!!
    hihihihihi..
    But there are all so pretty, you will have so much fun maing them.. and more pieces will come maybe..
    have fun with themm
    Can't wait to see teh next updat e..
    Will you show us monthly updates of themall, or just what your stitching?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥