I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Day 25, 26, 27 - the end is in sight!

Well, the end of January is around the corner, which means my crazy January challenges are coming to an end...  quite sad about that, but probably not sad enough to keep going throughout February with new starts!!  I will just work on my 31 WIP's over February!  Which means that all your favourites will get their pictures taken again sometime over the next month or so!!

So onto the latest new starts....

Day 25 - Mary Mouse (designed by Brooke Nolan)
Mary Mouse is the third animal from Brooke Nolan's 25 Advent Animals.  As I mentioned in my last post there is a Facebook group for those stitching these animals, but the charts are actually downloaded from Brooke's website.  The latest animal has just been released and it is just so cute... think it's my favourite so far (but then again I think that about each one as they come out!!)

"Mary Mouse" - designed by Brooke Nolan

Day 26 - You are so Loved (designed by Snowflower Diaries)
Australia Day saw me start on another design from the Snowflower Diairies.  This is a really lovely design and is designed to be stitched with variegated hand dyed threads, but I am using good old DMC for this one as well.  There is also a French version which I think I may also stitch as it just has a nice feel to it!
"You are so Loved" - designed by Snowflower Diaries
I am stitching this on 32ct Belfast Linen "Fairy Tale" from Colour Cascade Fabrics.  It is a bit hard to see the pretty light pink/peach colour of this fabric in the photo, but believe me it is so pretty!

Also on Australia Day I took advantage of some extra stitching time and worked on my Winter Witch.  It is going to be a close call to get her finished by the end of the month!

"Winter Witch" - designed by Snowflower Diaires
progress as at 26 Jan 2015
Day 27 - Christmas Mouse #2 (designed by Margaret Sherry)
Last night I started on the second of the Margaret Sherry Christmas mice.  I am loving this one as it has a big purple ornament to stitch and I am so enjoying stitching the purple!!

"Christmas Mouse" - designed by Margaret Sherry

So there we go, up to date again.  There are only 4 more days of this challenge left and I have lots of designs still waiting to be picked and stitched.... can't wait to see what jumps out at me when I go searching for a new start tonight!  I probably won't get to post again until the weekend as I have a busy week at work and I never seem to get enough time in the evening for both stitching and posting!

If you want to have a look at any of my previous updates for the FB CrosstitchCrazy Event and Debbie's Ultimate Crazy January Challenge 2015 (DUCJC2015) the links are below:

Day 1 - Winter Witch    Day 2 - "Eek!"    Day 3 - "Prancer"
Day 4 - "Autumn Fab Fob"    Day 5 - "Comet"    Day 6 - "Koala"
Day 7 - "Sneak Peek - Halloween"    Day 8 - "Printemps"    Day 9 - "été"
Day 10 - "Joyeux Noel"    Day 11 - "Feeling Festive"    Day 12 - "New Year's Magic"
Day 13 - "Grumpy Kitty"    Day 14 - "Happy Howloween" 
Day 15 - "Happy Owl O Ween"    Day 16 - WIP "Faces of JE Mystery SAL" 
Day 17 - WIP "Lizzie Kate's Jingles"    Day 18 - "Witch & Friends" 
Day 19 - "Mini Mandala II - C"     Day 20 - WIP "Spring Bouquet"
Day 21 - WIP "Bonsai & Buddha"    Day 22 - Katie Kitty
Day 23 - Peter Polar Bear     Day 24 - Christmas Mouse #1


Til next time, Happy Stitching!



8 comments:

  1. Mary Mouse is so cute :-) as is Christmas Mouse, mmmmm am I falling for these little creatures?

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your choices are lovely but my favourite is the Margaret Sherry mouse,I love purple too:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. More gorgeous starts! I love The Snowflower Diaries and that design is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. More gorgeous starts! I love The Snowflower Diaries and that design is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Fabulous starts, Noni and I adore Winter Witch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And again such awesome beautifull pieces!!!
    Keep up the stitching ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment, otherwise I will reply via email! ♥ Note, I have had to enable comment moderation due to the number of spam comments I am currently receiving. Hopefully I can return to normal comment publishing soon :)