I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Day 22, 23 & 24 - Still going strong!

So are you ready for another update?

Days 22, 23 and 24 are all new starts, and I have returned to a couple of my favourite Designers - Brooke Nolan and Margaret Sherry.

Day 22 and Day 23 are both Brooke Nolan freebie designs.  Currently Brooke is designing 25 Advent Animals of which one new animal is released each month.  There is a Facebook group for those stitching these animals, but the charts are actually downloaded from Brooke's website.  The link is here if you are interested in stitching these designs as well.

So onto the pics..

Day 22 - Katie Kitty

Katie Kitty - Brooke Nolan
Day 23 - Peter Polar Bear

Peter Polar Bear - Brooke Nolan
I am stitching both of these on the same piece of fabric - 32ct Belfast "Moonbeam" from Stitches & Spice.  I do plan to stitch more of these little cuties over the next couple of days and they will also be on this same piece of fabric.  Stay tuned to see some of the Advent Animals later in the week.

Day 24 saw me go back to Margaret Sherry....  Yesterday I was looking for something small and quick to stitch as my next start and I remembered that there was a Margaret Sherry free gift that came with Issue 220 of The World of Cross Stitching (WOCS) that would be perfect for this!

Xmas Mouse #1 - Margaret Sherry
There are three little Christmas mouses in this freebie.... they are very similar to some other Christmas mouses that have previously appeared in WOCS, which is a bit of a shame and very disappointing, but nevertheless they are still cute! The freebie kit included a piece of Aida that would need cutting if you were going to make the cards, but I have decided to stitch them as one piece and turn them into a hanger when I have stitched all three.

So that's it, I am all up to date again with my posting, so it's time to go and find some stitching to do!

Til then, if you want to have a look at any of my previous updates for the FB CrosstitchCrazy Event and Debbie's Ultimate Crazy January Challenge 2015 (DUCJC2015) the links are below:

Day 1 - Winter Witch  Day 2 - "Eek!"  Day 3 - "Prancer"
Day 4 - "Autumn Fab Fob"  Day 5 - "Comet"  Day 6 - "Koala"
Day 7 - "Sneak Peek - Halloween"  Day 8 - "Printemps"  Day 9 - "été"
Day 10 - "Joyeux Noel"  Day 11 - "Feeling Festive"  Day 12 - "New Year's Magic"
Day 13 - "Grumpy Kitty"  Day 14 - "Happy Howloween"  Day 15 - "Happy Owl O Ween"
Day 16 - WIP "Faces of JE Mystery SAL"  Day 17 - WIP "Lizzie Kate's Jingles"
Day 18 - "Witch & Friends"  Day 19 - "Mini Mandala II - C"  Day 20 - WIP "Spring Bouquet"
Day 21 - WIP "Bonsai & Buddha"


Til next time, Happy Stitching!

12 comments:

  1. You are really doing well, nice starts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not know about Brooke Nolan until you posted some designs,will have to have a look via your link,thanks:) Three great starts for day 22,23 and 24

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful stitching my dear xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoh that's all going to keep you busy for a while now Leonie, finishing them all off!
    Glad it's not only me noticing some sameness of designs in the mags

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are all such cute starts! I stitched the Margaret Sherry cards last year and they're really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all so sweet. I have the Advent Animals printed off to do in the future. I am thinking I would like to make ornaments for future grandchildren. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. All these new starts are so cute Noni. I have been printing out the advent animals but haven't started any of them yet.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you finish all you pieces then you have a lot of beautifull Xmas finishes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All three such sweet projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooooo nice progress and love the wee meecies ... well I would wouldn't I ..lol love mouse xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these cuties! I have all these charts but haven't stitched any of them. I do stitch mice for Mouse though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. More great starts Noni! Just sooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment, otherwise I will reply via email! ♥ Note, I have had to enable comment moderation due to the number of spam comments I am currently receiving. Hopefully I can return to normal comment publishing soon :)