I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

You know nothing Jon Snow!

It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves
~ Edmund Hillary ~

Did you like my catchy title?  I couldn't think of anything overly witty to write as a title for this post.... saying "I'm back" seems a little bit silly given I have said that many times before and then I go MIA again.....  so when this comment from Game of Thrones came into my head I thought it might work.... Ygritte is constantly saying this to Jon, and I seem to always be saying I'm back... so my title is probably very fitting, don't you think?!?

My last post was back in October when I did the Around the World Blog Hop.... and I mentioned then that I was coming up to my 200th post.  Well this is it!  200 posts in 5 years..... I had planned to mark this very special post in some way.... but I just haven't got myself organised to have something ready for this post.  That special post will now have to wait for a couple of days (or weeks).  But hopefully you will think that it's worth waiting for!

So onto post 199 (a)....

So why have I been MIA so much this year?  Or maybe you hadn't actually noticed that I have been MIA???

I think I mentioned some time ago that work had been very hectic.... if I didn't, here's a quick synopsis, since April I have been doing 2 jobs and working 5 days a week.... I have limited energy reserves at the best of times with low iron levels and RA.... so doing these extra hours (I used to do 4 days a week) and having about 3 times the amount of stress in my work life there has really been no room in my head or spare energy for anything else - so no blogging, either posting or reading, and virtually no time for stitching!  I was also offered a promotion a few months ago which I original said no to.... but then my boss asked me again, and again.... so now I have said yes!!  Which means a busy time ahead, but the good thing is after the Christmas break I will only be doing 1 job again so I am hoping that 2015 will be much better for blogging!

Enough of my work update.... now onto my stitching update!

I have done some stitching this year and over the next few days I will show you my latest updates. The first one being my "Faces of Joan Elliott Mystery SAL"

When I last posted in October I had only just been stitching the border.

"Faces of Joan Elliott" Mystery SAL
designed by Joan Elliott
Status on 30th September 2014
Now the border is finished, the centre is done and I have finally managed to make a start on the first face.  We had a "SAL within a SAL" over the weekend so I got myself organised and stitching again on this lovely design.


I am now going to try and keep stitching this until the end of the year while I am on leave from work to see if I can make some head way and catch up with everyone else.  Joan has designed 4 faces for this SAL so far and the 5th face is due out in Jan.

Now before I go today, I have something else to show you.... a finish!!!

Over the last few months at work we have had a number of changes as we have moved from one section of the business into another section.  This means new systems and procedures to get my head around and as you can imagine, has added to the stress and work levels that I have been dealing with. The reason I mention this is because throughout this time I have been dealing with some lovely ladies that have helped me with all the changes.  One of these ladies (Helen) has become a friend and when she was in Perth recently I gave her a gift to say thank you for her help over the last few months.

'Christmas Ted" designed by Joan Elliott
Cross Stitch Card Shop (stitched in Jan 2012)

Now truth be told I actually stitched this little cutie back in Jan 2012..... I even managed to show him off in a post in his finished state in April 2012 but I had filed him away and he didn't see the light of day again until earlier this month when I found him again and popped him into a box lid!  In the box was a glass angel for Christmas.....

As I close off my post, I want to leave you with the thought that the Heavens gained another star today..





Til next time, happy stitching!
Hugs, Stitching Noni xx

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww such a lovely sal and beautiful card..
    Merry Christmas to you my dear xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very sweet, thoughtful gift for Helen. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a great blog title and something that caught my eye!! Love that show! Well Noni, I hope next year will be better for you with a little less work and more stitching. That's all we wish for isn't it?! I hope you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been very busy !! Take care. Don't overload yourself with too much work.
    Your gift us lovely :) Good luck for next year's stitching.
    Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥