I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Monday, December 29, 2014

Gifted Gorgeousness SAL - Hosted by Jo

If instead of a gem, or even a flower, we should cast the gift of a loving thought into the heart of a friend, that would be giving as the angels give
~ George MacDonald ~

Umm, yes it would appear that I have signed up for yet another SAL!!

This one is hosted by Jo from Serendipitous Stitching.  Jo has come with a great idea for a SAL for 2015 and when I read about this on Kaye's blog the other day I just had to join in!

This Gifted Gorgeousness SAL is all about stitching and blogging - something that I can do, and something that I have promised myself I will do more of in 2015!  Jo's explanation of the SAL is:

"I am sure we have all benefited from the generosity of our fellow bloggers and here is your chance to show your appreciation for that generousness by doing what we do best - stitching and blogging about it!"

The rules are very simple and are listed below:

What is eligible for the Gifted Gorgeousness SAL?
Any chart/kit which was given to you
Any chart/kit which you won in a giveaway
Any chart/kit which you bought using a voucher given to you/won by you
Anything stitched on fabric received in the above ways
Anything stitched with floss received in the above ways
Anything embellished or finished with items received in the above ways
Anything which is intended as a gift or prize for another person
Anything else you can somehow shoehorn with word "gift" into!

When do we post?
On the 15th of each month.  Because (a) there are plenty of end of months SALs already and (b) it is 2015 so we should remember the 15th!


So now that I have signed up for this new SAL, what am I going to stitch first?

Do you remember a post I did in June 2013 when Kaye came over to Perth for business and we met for lunch?  When we had lunch we swapped gifts and Kaye gave me these lovely charts (picture below) so for my first entry into the Gifted Gorgeousness SAL I am going to stitch one of these..... not sure which one yet - might have to do the old eenie meenie miney mo trick to choose!

Moutons de Saisons - printemps et été (L) & automne et hiver (R)
Tralala Collection
There is still time to sign up for this SAL - if you want to join in, click on the link to go to Jo's page and sign up and get ready to post on 15th January 2015!


Til next time, happy stitching
Hugs, Stitching Noni xx

5 comments:

  1. So pleased that you are joining us in this SAL and thank you for blogging about it.
    I love that quote because although the SAL is about stitching physical gifts it is also about the act of showing appreciation for those gifts.
    Kaye's charts are adorable and I'm looking forward to seeing you stitch them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also joined Noni. I can't really tell what the charts are. Can you tell me please. Have fun with them.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog!

    Nice pick for the SAL, both are to cute!! Waiting for see your progress!

    Hugs,
    Lili

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the Sal Happy New Years

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely SAL and I joined too. Great charts that you will stitch for the first SAL update in January.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥