All my scattering moments are taken up with my needle
~ Ellen Birdseye Wheaton, 1851 ~
A few months ago I signed up for a crazy 2015 challenge.... Cross Stitch Crazy 2015 is a Facebook group that was set up "for stitchers who want to join the 2015 CrosstitchCrazy Event and for stitchers to just come and talk and share their work as they go along. You do not have to be doing the challenge to be in the group. The first 15 days in January we will start a new pattern, we then have the year to complete all 15 patterns we have chosen."
To make matters worse, or easier (not sure which), I have also joined a couple of other Facebook groups as well:
Debbie's Ultimate Crazy January Challenge 2015 (DUCJC2015) - this group was set up after So-Cal Debbie passed away as a way to remember Debbie and her crazy stitching plans! The plan is to start 31 or 59 projects.... (ie a project a day for January and/or February 2015) Well, those numbers are probably a little bit too ambitious for me so I will be a watcher from the side on this one while I stitch on my 15 starts!! But then again who knows I may find 31 projects to start in Jan, there are certainly more than that number on my stitching wish list! :o)
15 Miras 15 Days - now this group really calls to me... 15 Mira's to stitch.... how on earth will I do this one! I do actually have a number of Mira's that I want to stitch, but I don't think I will get to do 15 Mira starts this year let alone 15 new Mira's in January....
So, as you can see I am trying to formulate a plan for my 2015 stitching...
15 starts in January.... 15 Mira's in January.... 31 starts in January....
Yes, I am crazy and no, I really don't think that I will get that many starts going for the whole year let alone in January and February!! But I am going to give it a try anyway!
The one thing that will hold me back of course is not having enough fabric or threads (of course Hubby will say that I have more than enough of both!!), and time..... there are never enough hours in my day!
So here is my list for the first 15 starts for January 2015, not necessarily in stitching order and with only 2 Mira's on the list so far:
- Moutons de Saisons - printemps - Tralala Collection
- Moutons de Saisons - été - Tralala Collection
- Autumn Fab Fob - Lizzie Kate
- Tiny Tidings XV (I'm on the nice list) - Lizzie Kate
- Tiny Tidings XV (feliz navidad) - Lizzie Kate
- Tiny Tidings XV (feeling festive) - Lizzie Kate
- Tiny Tidings XV (joyeux noel) - Lizzie Kate
- Eek - Lizzie Kate
- Winter Witch - The Snowflower Diaries
- Merry Christmas Deer - The Little Stitcher
- Christmas Eve Couriers "Comet" - Nora Corbett
- Christmas Eve Couriers "Prancer" - Nora Corbett
- Koala - Carrol Nielson
- Spring Celebration: Ostara - The Primitive Hare
- Sneak Peek (Halloween) - The Trilogy
- "Jingles" Flip-It Series SAL - Lizzie Kate
- Faces of Joan Elliott SAL - Joan Elliott
- Chatelaine Mystery Mini II "C" - Martina Rosenberg
- MS Lovers Blog SAL #5 Spring Bouquet - Margaret Sherry
- "Witch and Friends" - Donna Giampa
Me thinks that the list above is a work in progress itself as I go through my very neglected stitching basket!
Wish me well, fast needles and heaps of stitching time!
I will be back to let you know how each start goes and then will attempt to keep you posted on a very regular basis!
Til next time, happy stitching,
Hugs, Stitching Noni xx