I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

SAL's will be my downfall....

I think your whole life shows in your face and you should be proud of that
~ Lauren Bacall ~

I have a confession to make....

I think I am addicted to SAL's.... that's assuming you can be addicted to SAL's! Or am I just a serial starter?  Of course that one goes without saying.... which means I now have 2 confessions to make.... I am addicted to SAL's and I am a serial starter!!

As you know from previous posts, I am already involved in a number of SAL's this year... some more active than others on my part!!

The Lizzie Kate "Jingles" SAL is still happening and I will have an update in the next couple of days for that one.  My other semi-active SAL is the "Hallowe'en Ornie 2014 Blog" SAL.  I am behind in that one, but I have actually started stitching a larger design that covers off 2 or 3 months so that sort gets me back on target with that one.  Again an update is due for that SAL in the next couple of days - so stay tuned!

My poor old Margaret Sherry SAL's have fallen a bit by the wayside recently.... but hopefully I will resurrect them again soon as I do miss the MS kitty!

So, shall I show you what SAL I have joined and started stitching now??  My latest SAL is a Facebook SAL group, and is one of many FB SAL groups that I follow and aspire to eventually start stitching!  (Notice I said "eventually"....)

The weekend just gone was a SAL challenge within a SAL challenge for the group, and it was a good reason/excuse for me to start stitching on this new mystery SAL!  Not that I really need an excuse to start something new....

Let me introduce to you my new start:

This is a mystery SAL, so as yet we don't know what the final piece will look like... but each of the boxes will have a face designed by Joan Elliott.  I just adore Joan's designs so I couldn't resist starting this one....

Faces of Joan Elliott Mystery SAL
Designer: Joan Elliott

Joan has released 3 faces so far.... but I am behind most of the other stitchers, so I can only show you the beginning of the borders.  The next post will have the borders finished and the flowers added, and then I will be able to start on the 3 faces!  Who knows I may be able to catch up before the next face gets released in another month or so!

So until I have more of my "Faces of JE" to show you, I will say bye for now.... see you again soon when I come back with more SAL updates!




Til next time, happy stitching!
Hugs xx

Stitching Noni

10 comments:

  1. Ah Noni....You would not be the only stitcher with these problems :) I have been relatively good this year with starts...satisfying my urge with the Smalls SAL - projects small enough to finish and a new start every month :) Looking forward to seeing your version of the JE SAL

    ReplyDelete
  2. heheheheh .... a serial starter ... well it does take one to know one ;) looking forward to seeing more progress photos .... shall I send some smoking needles and swish the wand for more stitching time ??? love mouse xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have also joined another SAL. Looks like I am also going your way :) My Margaret Sherry is still in same status....pending for back stitching. Excited to see what you are going to stitch in mystery SAL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you sound so much like me a serail starter, good luck with your new start.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww you are a sweetie pie
    Enjoy your sal l xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. ehehe you made me laugh with your post...a "serial starter" lol

    In the next couple days i will finnaly also update our Jingles! I have you august update to show...even if you don't update till there again, that's ok, because i will show anyway later on :)

    I'm very curious to see this new SAL of yours growing! ;))

    kisses!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh-Noni I think most of the us cross stitchers are addicted to our hobby and especially in some parts of it. For myself I can tell itmust be stitching magazines no matter european or from USA.I love all pretty pictures in them the ,stories behind the industry and all beautifull new products..As well I am totallyaddicted to hand-dyed threads no matter thy are silks or cottons :)- and the serial starter would describe me too ..I am that type of stitcherwho enjoys 2the journey ...so I have now hurry to see my projects complited (of course the swaps are different thing..) Thankyou for visiting my blog..I am feeling better so there will be postsmore often I hope...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that we are all SS - Serial Starters or Serious Stitchers or Stitching Sisters - take your pick! It is what keeps us entertained! Good luck with your latest SAL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. your a SAL addict!!
    But is's a great way to stotch together with other crafters!!
    I;m now a bit ill, but soon I will start our SAL too, and will stitch like crazy to gets up!!
    I need to finish it by the ens of the year!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with you, always joining and falling behind! I stitched the border and the first face of the JE piece, didn't like the cat and haven't started the Summer Fairy yet. I'm feeling autumnal not summery! I will catch up though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥