I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Catch up time!

Pleasure is spread through the earth
In stray gifts to be claimed by whoever shall find.
~ William Wordsworth, 1806 ~

I just realised that I have been very remiss in not showing you a couple of snaps....

1. Remember The Snowflower Diaries "Spring Witch" that I stitched for the March theme of the Hallo'ween SAL Blog?  I haven't showed you what I did with this little cutie.  So here she is all finished:

The Snowflower Diaries - Spring Witch
finished as a gift for Valérie 
When I was stitching my little Spring Witch I had a plan in mind as to what to do with her right from the start. Except as per usual, my timing was rubbish and I was very late in finishing and sending it off.

The original plan was to send her to Valérie (fée le point) for her birthday in March.  But time just ran away with me and it was April and well past Valérie's birthday before I got myself organised and sent off the little witch on her adventure to France.

2. The second thing that I have been very remiss in telling you about is a lovely gift from Kaye (Kitten Stitching) that I received a few weeks ago.

Giveaway Gift from Kaye
The package included 2 lovely pieces of fabric (a pretty yellow one and gorgeous floral one); a nail file that looks like a ruler (dual purpose!); a lovely charm and the most wonderful embroidery book.  A really lovely surprise from Kaye - can't wait to find just the right thing to use the fabric for and the book is a lovely addition to my craft bookcase :o)  Thank you Kaye, and I am so sorry that I have been so slack in showing off your lovely gift.

Well that's it for this post - I think I am now up to date with all my news.... So til the next time when I will hopefully have some stitching to show, take care and happy stitching!



Hugs xx
Stitching Noni




13 comments:

  1. A lovely gift and lovely stitching xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sweet finish & lovely goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty finish and what a lovely gift! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely finish, I just love that idea of using a hoop frame for finishing. What a beautiful gift from Kaye.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great way to display this beauty ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very pretty gift and sweet stitching..
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  7. All those witch designs are so cute :) adorable finish!
    Nice goodies :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You made such a cutie for Val. See Will be so happy with it!!
    Enjoy your gifts!!
    Have a great weekend
    Happy stitching and Enjoy the weather

    ReplyDelete
  9. The little spring witch is so cute and perfect as a gift. Valerie must be very happy with it.
    Enjoy your goodies from Kaye.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Spring Witch looks great in the hoop. I like that as a display idea but my house is too dusty from the wood burner to allow open stitching!

    Kaye's gift all looks lovely too. It's so nice to receive stitchy parcels.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi love your little spring wtch xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute, sure Valerie will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's ok, Noni, I forgive you. Ha! Ha! Your Spring witch is very sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥