I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Monday, April 7, 2014

Where's Witchiepoo??

When witches go riding, and black cats are seen,
the moon laughs and whispers, ‘tis near Halloween.
~Author Unknown

Wilhelmina W. Witchiepoo was one of my favourite characters from H.R Pufnstuf!  I just loved her!  However when it came to choosing my design for the March Hallowe'en Ornie SAL Blog I couldn't find a Witchiepoo to stitch....  so we will have to make do with the image that I found on the web!

Web image
So what did I stitch for my March ornie?  Well, it could only be one of the lovely seasonal witches from Maja's Snowflower Diaries blog!

Jo mentioned in one of her posts on the SAL blog that three (3) to thirteen (13) witches make a coven... and then when I was deciding what to stitch Jo also commented on my post that three witches can make a coven and how two of Maja's Spring Witches had already been stitched... so if I stitched Spring we would have a coven!

So I stitched the Spring Witch, and we now have a coven of the Snowflower Diaries Spring Witches for March!

Spring Witch (The Snowflower Diaries)
Started 23 March 2014, Finished 4 April 2014
This little witch is such a cute design, and very easy to stitch.  I stitched my little witch in DMC threads and it was stitched on some gorgeous sparkly fabric which unfortunately doesn't show up on the photo very well.

The fabric that I used to stitch my witch on is 32 ct Belfast (yes I know, 32 ct!!) and is called Wintered Marble (grey)"" but it is actually cream not grey.   This fabric is new to me and comes in a pack of fabric that I recently ordered from an Australian hand dyed fabric on line store - Stitches and Spice.  Their hand-dyed fabrics are lovely and this is the second piece of their fabric I have stitched on.   (Can't show you the first piece yet as it is travelling to a location far, far away!)

So now onto the April stitch which is "Owls".  I have already picked my owl design out and started stitching. I am stitching another design from the Just Cross Stitch Halloween 2013 special edition magazine.  Will post an update soon.....

So til next time when I will either be updating you on my owl friend... or showing you my secret stitch.... have a great week, happy stitching!





Big hugs,
Stitching Noni xx


Hallowe'en Ornie SAL 2014 Themes
April -Owls
May -Monsters
June -any freebie chart
July -Pumpkins
August -Ghosts
September -Black cats
October - Trick or Treaters
November -Bugs, insects or spiders
December -Free choice

17 comments:

  1. Super sweet stitches my dear like always :)
    I love Halloween ..
    Big hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, she is so sweet, your little witch. I love all of Maja's designs, but her witches are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Spring Witch is adorable, but it would have been amazing to see Witchiepoo in cross stitch! I grew up watching HR Pufnstuf too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen those designs, those witches are sooo cute :) lovely work sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute witch!! I too grew up watching JR Pufnstuf!
    love Annette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maja's designs are so cute and fun to stitch! I love your little spring witch! So if there's 4 witches...would that mean you no longer have a covern and would need to stitch 9 more ot get to 13?

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a super cute stitching :D
    I'm now a big big fan of Maja's designs, they are so sweet !
    your Spring witch is lovely :)
    can't wait to see the finish :D
    Have a great week sweetie
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet little witch!! I love Maja's charts :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your witch is so pretty!! Love the colours!!
    Have fun stitching the owl ornament!

    Hugs,
    Lili

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh boy!! My nickname is Witchiepoo!! lol Hmm..I love your
    spring witch, she's real cute. Have fun with your stitching.
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi such a cute design and the colours are lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for joining our Coven! I will definitely be stitching the other three witches in this series.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This Is a very cute design. I never saw it before. Really great halloween and easter together on a broomstick hihihi

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a stitchy-witchy sweetness !! :) very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have inspired me to join your coven. Pretty finish, Noni.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't thought of Witchiepoo in ages!!! Love your spring witch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment, otherwise I will reply via email! ♥ Note, I have had to enable comment moderation due to the number of spam comments I am currently receiving. Hopefully I can return to normal comment publishing soon :)