I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Stitching Update....

A morning-glory at my window satisfies me more than the metaphysics of books
~Walt Whitman ~

Hi there!  How about a bit of a stitching update?  It surely must be past time that I showed you what I have been stitching over the last couple of weeks.

Now when I last posted I had just started my Lizzie Kate "Jingles" SAL - but more on that in my next post....

This month I have also been stitching on my April design for the Halloween Ornie SAL 2014 blog.  The April theme was Owls and I chose to stitch a rather cute Diane Arthurs design.  Surprisingly this month I have actually managed to get my Owl stitched and posted before the end of the month!!

Say hello to "Owliver and Punky"!

"Owliver & Punky" - designed by Diane Arthurs
Stitched April 2014
This design was published in the Just Cross Stitch Halloween 2013 Special Edition magazine.  I stitched this lovely design on plastic canvas which I will back with some felt at some stage before turning it into a hanging ornament.

Next month's theme is "Monsters" - but I am yet to find a design that I like.... so let the hunt begin!

Hallowe'en Ornie SAL
2014 Themes
May -Monsters
June -any freebie chart
July -Pumpkins
August -Ghosts
September -Black cats
October - Trick or Treaters
November -Bugs, insects or spiders
December -Free choice

**********************

So that was Halloween.... now onto the MS Lovers Blog SAL's.

Remember I said at the beginning of the year that I had signed up for three MS SAL's this year.... well finally four months into the year I have managed to start stitching my first one!

SAL #5 - Spring Bouquet
started 26/4/14
The fabric that I am using to stitch "Spring Bouquet" is a 14ct white Aida with pink spots that Heather sent me for the MS Christmas Exchange.  Now that I have started stitching on this lovely design I think it is going to be hard to stop... except that I will very soon be hitting the white on kitty.... not looking forward to that!!

Before I leave you, let me show you the secret stitching that I mentioned last month in my TUSAL report. For those of you that follow Nia's blog you will know that little Lourenço was born on 7 March 2014.  I decided to stitch a little piece of Australia to send to Nia and her little man.  But as always happens with me, time went by and I didn't get it sent off before he was born. But maybe I should say I planned it that way so that I could add his birth date to the final stitching.

I stitched part of a birth sampler design from Carrol Nielsen.  I love Carrol's designs especially her Koala's.


This was my first flat fold finish....  The fabric that I used was another one from Stitches and Spice.


I also sent some little Aussie friends for Lourenço - just a little piece of Australia for a little Portuguese baby!

My next couple of posts will be my TUSAL post and an update on "Jingles".  See you then!


Til then, happy stitching
Stitching Noni xx

12 comments:

  1. Lots of fab stitching. What a lovely gift to send to Nia and little Lourenço.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stitches and sweet baby gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You owl, is so cute!!
    Real Halloween!!
    I like it!

    You new start looks great altready!!
    You really ar eon a roll with your neeldes!!

    I just commented about the beautifull gift you maie for Lourenco in teh mail ( finally) I saw it, and it looks so great!!
    Really beautifull, and Nia likes it.. isn;t that then the most awesome things...
    Beautifull.

    Happy Stitching

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love owls, so owl is the best :-) I will stitch Spring bouquet for my friend´s birthday. And you sent nice presents to litte baby boy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww your owl is so cute...I love it so much...
    So sweet..really cutie ❤️
    And the gifts is too cute..
    Big hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The owl is awesome!Love the baby pressies:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've stitched Owliver & Punky!!! They are so cute, aren't they?? I love the colours, so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the finish, Noni!! The owls are really very cute!!:)
    And your gifts for Lorenco are so lovely and sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. your owl is the cutest sweetie :)
    I love him. and what a good idea to stitch him on plastic canvas for an ornament with felt...can't wait to see it =)
    very beautiful !!!
    just as your piece for Lourenço, this is so sweet !!!! The colours, the stitching and all the Australian gifts, really lovely and perfect :D
    this little man is a very lucky one ;)
    happy stitching my sweet friend, can't wait to see which monster you chose....
    big big hugs
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh we all love your gifts :D not only Lourenço but his parents too =) Rui almost kept the koala for himself :p lol it's safe on our baby boy's room hehehe right next to your stitched flat fold :) I will send you a picture soon :D
    And when my little boy grows a little more, I will send you more pics of him wearing your other gifts :D
    Once again sweetie, thank you for everything :))))))))
    Hugs&smiles

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥