I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Count Me In!

Sewing: A creative mess is better than tidy idleness
~ Author Unknown ~

Well hello again!  I am back to show you (finally) my finished February stitching for the Hallowe'en Ornie 2014 Blog.

My February design was "Count Me In" by Nancy Greenburg of Pickle Barrel Designs.  This design was published in the Just Cross Stitch Halloween Collection 2013 issue.  Such a fantastic source for Halloween designs.

"Count Me In"
Started 20th February 2014, Finished March 2014
I love how the orange stands out on the purple coloured Aida.  Very Halloween-ish colours!!

The March theme is Witches.  I have found so many different designs to stitch which contain witches, but I am still not sure which one I particularly want to stitch!  Although the Snowflower Diaries Seasonal Witches are very high on the list.

That's it for the time being.  Unfortunately not a lot of other stitching has been done lately except for the Count!  So now I had better get myself organised with some of my other stitching projects that are either on the go and waiting in the wings otherwise I won't have anything else to show you on the next post!


Til next time, happy stitching
Stitching Noni x




Hallowe'en Ornie SAL 2014 Themes
March -Witches
April -Owls
May -Monsters
June -any freebie chart
July -Pumpkins
August -Ghosts
September -Black cats
October - Trick or Treaters
November -Bugs, insects or spiders
December -Free choice

13 comments:

  1. Great Vampire! The Snowflower Witches are very popular, if you stitch the Spring Witch too we will have a Coven of three!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Count is suitably spooky. You are doing well with the SAL, I am going to have to scramble to catch up when I get back in April.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your vampitre, he's looking gorgeous on theat violet fabric.Now I'M curious to see the witch that you choose for the SAL. I love the ones by Snowflower Diaries, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the great finish!! :) not only orange, all the colors are looking pretty !! I don't get colored fabrics here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those colors really pop out! Looks so fun :D congrats on your finish sweetie!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Before reading Maja's designs were on top of your list I was thinking that her witches would be a great choice :)
    they are so cute !
    this vampire is superb ;)
    very beautiful colours, really Halloween !
    and this fabric...I love :)
    very well done sweetie
    have a great week
    big big hugs
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this little Dracula and your choice of fabric to stitch it!! The colours are great and the contrast is great ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely piece you made.
    Love the bridget colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! Love those bright colours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your Count, he looks up to no good :). The fabric you used really makes the design stand out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥