I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

February 2014 IHSW Update

We all need empty hours in our lives
or we will have no time to create or dream
~ Robert Coles ~

Woo Hoo!  There's a happy dance happening... for the first time in months I have managed to remember to sign up for the IHSW!  That's not to say that every weekend I don't park my behind on the couch and stitch - because I most certainly do!  It's just that on the IHSW 3 day weekend I have an official reason (excuse) to do so!!!

And even more surprisingly I have actually managed to get onto my Blog and post some pics.... Things must be looking up!

So what did I stitch on from Friday to Sunday?

Well, on Friday I finally started stitching my Hallowe'en Ornie SAL 2014 choice for February (I know it's halfway through the month again and I have only just started it!!) and most of the weekend was spent stitching on my Count Dracula.
"Count Me In" as at Sunday 23rd Feb 2014
Designed by Nancy Greenberg (Pickle Barrel Designs)
My February choice is "Count Me In".  This cute little fellow was designed by Nancy Greenberg of Pickle Barrel Designs and he can be found in the Just Cross Stitch Halloween 2013 Special Edition magazine. Think I will be stitching a few more designs out of this magazine as the year progresses!

I did also manage a little bit of time stitching on my next Chatelaine - Mini Mandala II "C" - over the weekend as well.  I actually started stitching on this earlier last week, however I have now put it away as I am trying to concentrate on Count Dracula over the next week or so.

Chatelaine Mini Mandala II - C
as at Sunday 23rd Feb 2014
That's it for my first IHSW report for the year!  The next one will occur on the third full weekend of March (21st - 23rd March).  If you want to sign up for these fantastic stitching weekends, all you need to do is check in over on Joyce's blog and then stitch, post and read all the stitching news on Monday or Tuesday after the weekend.  It's all good fun!!

Now before I sign off, I would like to say a big Thank You to everyone for all your lovely comments on my last post and for the good wishes and congratulations to my Mum and Dad on their 50th Wedding Anniversary... it was lovely to read your comments and I will pass on all the messages to my parents.  I have tried to reply to everyone that comments... however there were a couple of "no-reply" bloggers...

Til next time, lots of happy stitching hugs
Stitching Noni xx





9 comments:

  1. You had a very productive IHSW Noni,lovely stitching. I like joining Joyce's IHSW as much as I can,it sort of makes it my official 'my stitch time' weekend:) and it is great to know lots of other stitchers are doing the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely stitching and congrats to your Mum and Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will copy that sentence to my journal because is absolutely true!!!

    I use to also participate in the IHSW for a couple of times, but then i forgot about it! And is like you say, we do stitch, but when we participae i think we become more inspire to even stitch more!! ehehe maybe i will join in the next time!!

    Congrats on your advance in both works! way to go;)
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have two wonderfull wip's..
    Enjoy stitching them!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great start! Looking forward to seeing more of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very pretty stitching and great progress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. superb wips sweetie =)
    I love the fabric you chose for your Dracula, can't wait to see him !
    and for sure your new mandala is going to be another beauty =)
    happy stitching
    xxx



    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥