I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Sunday, February 16, 2014

1 plus 1 equals 2!

She watched and taught the girls that sang at their embroidery frames while the great silk flowers grew from their needles.
~Louise Jordan Miln, The Feast of Lanterns ~

Hello!

I am doing a bit of a happy dance this weekend..... I have three finishes to declare.... eventually, but in this post I have only two to show you.  The third one will be posted when the finished product reaches its final destination next week.

Finish #1
Hallowe'en Ornament SAL 2014
January finish - "Where's Spooky?"
Started 28th January 2014; Finished 7th February 2014

"Where's Spooky?" - January ornie choice
"Where's Spooky?" is designed by Eileen Gurak of Handblessings Patterns.  This design was published in the Just Cross Stitch 2013 Halloween Special Edition magazine.  This magazine has some brilliant designs and I suspect I will be stitching one or two more from it yet!

You can see my post on the Hallowe'en Ornie SAL 2014 blog and while you're there you can see some of the other lovely stitching from some of the other bloggers following this SAL.

Finish #2
Chatelaine - Mini Mandala II - chart B
Started June/July 2013; Finished 14th February 2014

Mini Mandala II - B
This picture is a bit wonky but the stitched piece is straight... I promise!

Close up of "pond" and "gazebo" area
I loved stitching this Mandala - the blue of the pond is such a gorgeous colour.  I am amazed how different the finished piece is compared to the photo included with the chart pack.  There isn't a lot of speciality stitches or beading in this one, but it is just as pretty as the first one of the series.  I have now started the third and final one in the series, so hopefully it won't be long before I have another update for you.

Finish #3
Still to be revealed!!

That's it for now... I'll be back in a few days to show you my secret stitching which is of course Finish #3!


Happy Stitching,
Stitching Noni

15 comments:

  1. What wonderful finishes, especially the Chatelaine one. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous finishes, the kitty one is so cute! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. FABULOUS finishes! I remember that kitty design from the magazine :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratz on your 2 finishes that you show us. The other I can't wait to see

    Your on a rollen!!
    Happy sunday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely finishes!! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful work! I especially like the mandala.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The 'where's spooky' cracks me up. I might have to stitch this one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the finish!! Lovely stitching!! Mandala looks very beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful stitchings sweetie !
    the first with the cat is so funny and beautifully stitched !
    and your mandala...as always...a delight =)
    incredible piece
    really can't wait to see our secret project , cross fingers it arrives safe to its destination....
    have a great week
    big big hugs
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Noni,

    I loved the firts, is cute and easy to stitch, isn´t it? The Mandala looks very dificult but is beatiful, and dont´n worry everything looks very nice, the photo, I´m sure everything is perfect.

    I´m very curios about your secret project, and Valma have one too?

    Realy and have a lot of curiosity.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your mandala looks very pretty indeed :)
    And your halloween piece looks so cute and fun! :D congrats on both your finishes sweetie :) I'm going to check that halloween SAL blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Mandala , cute halloween stitch hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow your mandala is stunning! Love the halloween finish too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment, otherwise I will reply via email! ♥ Note, I have had to enable comment moderation due to the number of spam comments I am currently receiving. Hopefully I can return to normal comment publishing soon :)