I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Our Adventure away from... the final leg!

Sunday clears away the rust of the whole week
~ Joseph Addison ~

London to Paris... on the Eurostar train.  Finally, I have done the Eurostar! Over the last couple of years I have booked people from work on the train from London to Paris and I always said that one day I would do the trip.. and now I have!

We didn't have a long visit in Paris but it was lovely few days.  The weather was very overcast while we there, (except when we were at Versailles), but at least there wasn't any rain until the very last minute... so our luck held!

As we didn't have a lot of time in Paris we had already planned what we wanted to do... Big Bus Tour, boat tour down the river, Versailles and lots of wandering the streets.... all of which we did!

So are you ready for heaps of lovely photos of Paris?

Day 1 was all about the Big Bus tour and travelling up and down the river enjoying the sights.



Some sights of Paris that may be familiar and some that may not be!!


Isn't it amazing what you see when cruising the rivers of a city?


Our little addition to one of the Bridges of Love in Paris!

Day 2 was our really big day out - we went to Versailles... eventually!  The train line to Versailles had some sort of problem and the trains had stopped..... so after waiting for over an hour we jumped on the first train to come in on that line and just went for a ride... we managed to find another train which stopped near Versailles and walked the rest of the way.


Oh boy, what an amazing place!  It was glorious, stunning, amazing... absolutely gob-smackingly beautiful and so golden!


And look who we saw there.... another one of Mitzi's ancestors!


The opulence in this most amazing palace leaves me speechless....


After wandering the halls of the palace for a couple of hours we then decided to wander the gardens.  No holiday is complete without a selfie!

We had the most amazing day at Versailles, and unfortunately ran out of time to go up to Marie Antionette's Estate which was a real shame... but there is always next time!


The gardens were stunning and we could have spent a whole day just wandering around the gardens without going near any other parts of this amazing palace and grounds.

Day 3 saw us wake to our last day in Paris.  We had a whole day to wander around the city a bit more before going out to the airport around 6pm.

A bit of shopping, bit more sight seeing, off to Notre Dame... a big last day in the City of Love!


Now that's the way to park a car!  Something I am not used to seeing here in Australia, small cars parked sideways... and plugged into an electricity port on charge!


Our last meal in Paris was in the same place as our first meal in Paris.... Le Saint Germain Cafe which just happened to be down the road from our hotel!  Perfect place for a lovely meal or just to sit and watch the Parisians go about their daily life!

Well, that's it for our epic journey...  we had the most wonderful time and as is always the case the two weeks flew by!

Thank you for coming along on my journey of holiday memories... I hope I didn't bore you too much!

Next post I will hopefully be back on track with a stitching update.

Til next time, happy stitching

4 comments:

  1. So fun! Thanks fork sharing ~ I love seeing other parts of the world that I will most likely never get to visit myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME.. you also went to France,,
    I really love that country.. so beautifull

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just made a big comment here and it seems it has totally disappeared =(
    In case you can't find it anywhere...I was saying that it's really great you had such a good time in Paris (the second big town in my heart after London =D)
    We also put a padlock on Le Pont des Arts , did you see it ? =D
    hehehe
    I visited Versailles 3 years ago, and had the opportunity to go to the Marie Antoinette estate , it's an awesome place I hope you will visit a day
    if you want I can send you pictures =D
    I was soooooooo sorry we couldn't meet this time =(
    I hope next time will be the good one =)
    big hugs
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been there! Paris and Versailles, I've been there too :) beautiful wonders to see and so many magical places to visit! I love Paris :) and Versailles too, great memories!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥