I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Lovely Gifts from Lovely People

Why do two colours, put one next to the other, sing?  
Can one really explain this?  No. 
~ Pablo Picasso ~

Christmas is gone, New Year is on it's way... and I am back again as I promised to show you some pretty gifts that I received in the mail over the last week or so.

The first gift I received was from Anne from Doll's Musings.  Anne had a giveaway back in November to celebrate 3 years of blogging  The prizes that she was giving away were a choice of 3 designs that Anne would stitch, make up and then send to the lucky winners... of which I was one of the very lucky winners. The design that Anne stitched for me was a Blue Ribbon Designs pretty - "Redbird's Rejoice".  It is beautiful and went straight up on the Christmas tree as soon as I had taken a photo of it!

Giveaway prize from Anne
Blue Ribbon Designs "Redbird's Rejoice" stitched by Anne
Anne also included in the package some thread tied up with green ribbon, lovely buttons and charms, a packet of yummy tea, gold ric rac edging, notebook, some gorgeous red fabric and a Christmas ornament kit.

Thank you Anne, and Titus, for choosing me as a winner of your lovely giveaway.  I feel very lucky to have been the recipient of such a gorgeous gift and your lovely ornament is sitting on the tree for everyone to admire!

The second gift I received arrived in our mailbox on Christmas Eve and was from Heather (Heather's Stitching Story) in Ireland.  Heather was my Secret Santa for the MS Lovers Blog Christmas Exchange.

Gift from Heather - Santa ornament (Margaret Sherry design)
MS Lovers Blog Christmas Exchange 2013
Exchange gift from Heather
MS Lovers Blog Christmas Exchange 2013
I was truly spoilt by Heather as she also included in the package some lovely Dragon Floss hand dyed threads from Polstitches, gorgeous Santa ribbon, gold ribbon, bell pull hangers and a pack of pink spotted aida as well as a.... Margaret Sherry kitty cross stitch kit - "Purr-turbed".  This is my first Margaret Sherry kit... I know it seems strange given how much I love her designs, but all the designs I have in my stash are from the UK cross stitch magazines.  Thank you Heather, I absolutely love the exchange gift you sent me and Santa will be on our Christmas tree every year from now on!

Now for a stitching update.... I am currently madly stitching "Puppy Love" so that I get this finished by the end of the year and I am happy to say that I am almost there.  But no photo yet - I will show him off once I have finished the final puppy!

So my friends, until next time happy stitching!

Hugs






7 comments:

  1. What great gifts from Anne and Heather!! I'm sure they made your Christmas extra special :)

    All the best for a happy and healthy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely gifts and exchange!! :)
    I hope you're almost done with Puppy Love!!! :D Happy stitching! And Happy 2014!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you enjoyed the package Noni!! Very sweet gift from Heather too!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely ornaments you received. I like the santa and the Blue Ribbon Design is on my to do list. (Sigh).

    ReplyDelete
  5. who would not enjoy the packages you've received =D
    everything is so great
    enjoy sweetie
    Heather also sent me a MS kit with the Halloween exchange, she is a real sweetheart
    I can't find them here !!
    Happy Stitchy 2014 =D
    big hugs
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Noni!!
    I'm very late on my friends blog..i'm sorry!!
    So many beatiful things here! Lucky girl;)
    Hope you had a beautiful christmas and all the best in this 2014!;)
    kisses***

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥