I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Friday, October 25, 2013

Catching up on the news....

“Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?“
― Winnie the Pooh

Winnie the Pooh certainly had it right!  I have been meaning to write a post for the last couple of weeks, but that is as far as I have gotten... thoughts have not gone any further than my little pea sized brain and they certainly haven't appeared on paper - virtual or otherwise!

This month I have missed both the TUSAL and IHWS again... that is becoming a bit of habit, isn't it?  But I did remember to take a photo of my poor old ratty threads though.  

TUSAL Oct 2013 - ORT's and Birthday Cards
This month's New Moon happened to fall on my birthday so I decided to take the photo with some of my lovely cards.  Also in the photo is our Dubai camel - more on him later!

Not too many ORT's have gone into the pot recently as the only stitching I have done over the last month or so is my Halloween piece for the MS Lovers Exchange.  Stitching mojo and blogging mojo appear to have both gone on holiday together!!!  The Halloween piece has now arrived at its destination in Germany so I will do a post shortly to show you what I stitched.  That will make a nice change to see a stitching finish from me!!

Speaking of holidays, Hubby and I have been away and are now back after a lovely 2 weeks in London and Paris.  We have been back three (3) weeks now, and I am only just now starting to get my head around what I need to do both at home and work.  For some reason it has been a real struggle to get back on track after our holiday this time around!  We had a wonderful time while we were away and like all holidays it wasn't long enough!

The only sad part of our holiday was that while we were in London my Nana (Mum's mum) passed away.

RIP Nana
26 May 1916 - 25 September 2013
I have fond memories of all the holidays when we used to go and stay at Nana and Pops' house in Adelaide when we were kids.  I remember watching Dr Who for the first time at Nana's house and being so scared by something on the TV that I hid behind the couch!  Nana was always making us laugh... the "fun" we used to have collecting eggs in the chook house... fun - oh yeah, being chased by the chooks, who said that was fun!!  I last saw Nana in 2010 when Hubby and I went over to Sorrento in Victoria for a visit.  Unfortunately she had Alzhiemer's so she didn't really know who I was... but every now and then during the few hours I was with her that day she would remember something that made us both laugh!  That is how I remember my Nana, happy and laughing!
Nana and I - Queenscliff, Victoria, 2010
I will hopefully get around to organising our holiday photo's over the next few days and then I will do a post or two to tell you about our lovely trip away. But for now I will leave you with a photo of someone very famous that I just had to go and see while I was in London....

Paddington Bear at Paddington Station
September 2013
Not the best photo of me... but then again cameras and I don't tend to get on too well!! Isn't Paddington Bear just the cutest thing.  We arrived in London from Heathrow Airport by train into Paddington Station but unfortunately I didn't get the chance to take a photo then, so we went back on our first day of sightseeing just so that I could get to see him!!  I know I am silly, but I just love Paddington Bear!

Well, that's it for now.  I will be back shortly with a bit of stitching update and also to show you some of the pics from our holiday.

Til next time, happy stitching everyone, see you again soon!



New Moons - 2013
3 November
3 December

13 comments:

  1. Oh sweetie, sorry about your Nana =( Alzhiemer is so hard to deal with.. she had a long life, she's resting now and smiling at you and your family :)
    Glad to have you back! don't stress, everything will fall into place, just give it some time ;) I did love to see your photo :)
    Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for your loss! My father had and my mother has Alzheimer's, so I know what you went through. Hugs and prayers! I'm glad you had a good holiday away otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for your loss dear..
    You are in my prayers..sending you big hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. the more i think of it the more I have forgotton .... glad to hear you had a good trip and how nice to see some lovely photos of you ... and Paddington well you just have to too don't you ...lol ... sorry about your Nana but she had a wonderful long life and glad you have fond memories of her .... love mouse xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry to hear about your Nana.

    So nice to see a picture of you ,you look very friendly -oh how I wish I could give you a good hug now !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry for your loss.
    Happy belated birthday!
    Hope your get a months with many joy's now

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to read about your Nana ~ may you find comfort in your memories...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry to hear you lost your grandmother... Alzheimer's is such a heartbreaking disease. My dad suffers from a type of dementia very similar to it and it is so, so sad to watch his decline, too. Lovely photos of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your blogging name, and your blog. A great big hug for losing your grandmother. I just love my own mother as I am in that age range. It's all sad so my heart goes out to your family. And thank you SO much for finding my Blogaversary giveaway and creating a link to join in. Now, I know how to find you, am bookmarking you and will come back and visit, again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry for your loss.
    Treasure your happy memories of her.

    I hope you had a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy belated birthday to you! How nice to go away for a holiday, but always nice to come home too. So sorry to hear about your Nana, what wonderful memories you must have of her, treasure them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ho my ! I'm so late in everything that I only learn today about your Nana :(
    Sorry sweetie
    you are sharing beautiful pictures of her, it seems she really was someone kind
    big big hugs
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥