I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Spring is in the air.. or is it?

Our back garden - over run by the Nasturtiums!
Oops.. there is a shadow of me taking the photo...
Here's the latest weather report... Spring has sprung down under... apparently... the flowers and bees tell me it is so, but the sun is still playing hide and seek!  We have had lots of lovely rain since September began but it has stayed cold and the sun only shines every now and then!  But I am not complaining about the rain, as we desperately need the rain to make sure the dams are full and we have water for Summer!

My TUSAL photo for September was taken in the garden amongst the Lavender.  I love my Lavender plants, as do the bees!

TUSAL September 2013
Of course as per usual I am late in uploading a TUSAL pic... This month the ORT's are mostly purple and orange and some sparkles as I have been stitching on my exchange piece for the MS Lovers Halloween Exchange.  Pics to come once it arrives at its destination.  It has been fun stitching the Halloween piece... think I might just have to stitch some more Halloween designs - there is something about the purple, orange and black colours that so speak to me!!

If you are interested in keeping in touch with what is going on with the 2013 TUSAL pop on over to Daffycat's blog and join in the fun. The next new moon is on 5 October (oooh, that's my birthday too) - let's see how many more ORT's drop into the jar between now and then.

That's it for this very short and sweet post.  I have been thinking about my stitching goals for next year already and one thing that I noticed this year is that I haven't stitched anything like the same number of things as I have stitched in the previous couple of years - so I am going to have to think of a cunning plan to rectify that for 2014!

Now for some cuteness overload just to keep you smiling....

Mitzi & Oscar
curled up together in the craft room (my chair of course)
or is it their chair?!?

Oscar & Felix
There are 3 of these baskets side by side... but Felix likes to
curl up with Oscar in the same one!
Til next time, happy stitching everyone, see you again soon!



New Moons - 2013
5 October
3 November
3 December

11 comments:

  1. Your garden looks pretty!! Cute pets:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww sweet fur babies xx
    Your garden is looking so lovely
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a great display of nasturtiams. Cute pics of your furbabies too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the picture of Mitzi & Oscar, so sweet
    who said cats & dogs can't be friends ?? =D
    (I also love your, oops sorry, their chair =D)
    you have a beautiful garden, it's time for you to have sun now as we are now having rain and cold....
    Summer was great ! I hope Autumn will be warm
    take a coat for your trip in Europe , it's really cold here those days ! =)
    can't wait to see your Halloween piece
    I'm finishing the backstitch on mine....
    big big hugs
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your lavender is looking very beautifull.
    whahahaha that pic of your cat and dog, is awesome..
    Really cool, to see them watch too the floor.
    Your cats are cute..
    My son is allergic too animals, so we have little fis.. hihi

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohhh Spring for you and Autumn always coming here.. want to trade? :p ehehhee
    But, for now, I can't complain, it's still Hot Summer! Really great days for beach, just the nights are getting a bit colder.. we must enjoy these last Summer days :)
    I will never get that Tusal thing :p LOL!!
    Love the cuteness overload pics =) oh yeah, you lost the spot, it really looks more like their chair :D hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh! Love your nasturtium garden! That's a lot of flowers you can eat in you salad :D Your lavender is beautiful...lucky you getting Spring now :P Such a cute photo of your furbabies!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooooo nice show of colour .... and yes you can eat them as Anne says ... love the furbaby photos ... and HAPPPPYYYYYYY birthday for the 5th :) love mouse xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww... I love your kitties!! So sweet--I do miss having a cat around! Happy Spring to you--I'm a bit envious as it is cooling off and turning grayer here in the U.S.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty garden and cute furbabies! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment, otherwise I will reply via email! ♥ Note, I have had to enable comment moderation due to the number of spam comments I am currently receiving. Hopefully I can return to normal comment publishing soon :)