I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Postie's been knocking on the door!



Hello!  Yeah, it's Saturday!!  Last week seems to have been such a long week... and I only worked 3 days!!  It's the Public Holidays that do it... I get so used to having a few days off and just relaxing and stitching and when it comes to going back to work after a break, every bone and joint in my body rebels and says NO!!  I am so knackered today... I feel like I have to go and have a Nana nap!  But I won't, as doing that eats into my Saturday afternoon stitching! Nap, Stitch - stitching wins hands down!

Well as you have probably guessed from the title I must have been visited by the postie this week... and yes, I was - not once, but twice!

The first package to arrive came from Rita in Portugal.

Gift from Rita
Rita sent me a lovely handmade card, some postcards with pictures of Portugal and some lovely embellishments   Rita sent me the card and pretties as a thank you for the exchange package I sent her as part of the MS Lovers Blog Winter Exchange.  Such a lovely surprise - Thank you Rita, I adore everything that you sent :o)

The second package came all the way from Judith in Germany.

Easter Exchange from Judith
Close up of the gorgeous bunny pillow
This gorgeous package from Judith is for the MS Lovers Blog Easter Exchange.  The pillow is delightful.  I love the design - in fact I nearly stitched it myself for the Exchange but changed my mind at the last minute.  Also in the package is a book of cute Easter German cross stitch designs, a thread holder, a cute little bunny bag with some lovely embellishments and some choccies.  Aren't they all so lovely.  Thank you Judith, this is a lovely exchange gift.

As yet I can't show you what I sent to Lentochka as part of the exchange as I haven't heard yet if it has arrived safely in Russia.  Hopefully we will hear soon of it's arrival and all will be revealed.

So now that makes two packages that I have sent that I am still waiting to show off to you - a pixie parcel to Eleana and my Easter Exchange to Lentochka.  Fingers crossed we will hear any day now that they have arrived and all will be revealed :o)

Before I go I have to tell you about an Exhibition that I went to a couple of weeks ago with one of the girls from work.  It was at the WA Museum and was just the thing for a lunchtime walk.  The exhibition was 200 years of wedding dresses!  Now what girl doesn't want to go and see some wedding dresses?



The image that was used for the advertising is a drawing of the Vivienne Westwood designed wedding dress for Dita Von Teese's wedding to Marilyn Manson... and that dress was in the exhibition.

Web image
Another dress in the exhibition was this Norman Hartnell designed wedding dress with a 3.6 metre train, worn by socialite Margaret Whigham in 1933. Apparently on the wedding day traffic came to a standstill as people crowded to catch a glimpse of the bride and her nine attendants.  At the exhibition they even had an old newsreel of the wedding.  It is an amazing dress in real life.  Imagine walking with 3.6 metres of fabric trailing along behind you!

Web image

Unfortunately we weren't allowed to take photographs of these amazing wedding dresses, so I have had to search the internet for images and advertising to show you some of these beautiful dresses.  While I was looking for the images I discovered a link to the ABC News story which does show a number of the dresses from the exhibition.  It is amazing how the styles have changed over the last 200 years.  This is also shown in the pictures that were on show of local weddings of Perth people over the years.  Such a wonderful way to spend a lunch break.

Think that is just about all for this post.  It is almost time to do my April TUSAL update so I will be back again in the next few days with a stitching update on my Mystery Garden and Puppy Love.  Both are coming along quite nicely.

So until next time, happy stitching!
Hugs





10 comments:

  1. Aww sweet gifts received ...everything is so lovely...
    Stunning exhibition..
    Big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Easter SWAP looks just lovely ,the stitched ornament is very cute.

    The Wedding Dresses are both just breathtaking-almost un-true beaty !!
    I love things like these ( I think You already knew that !!!)

    How is it at Australia now?

    We have still lots of snow ,but knid of we have two seasons in every 24h .
    All the nights and mornings it is winter about -15C under zero and it can even hah snowed ,the "early Spring" starts little before at 12.00 a clock when the sun reach's it highest point at the sky...
    At the 18.oo it again starts to be cold !!! :D
    What a crazy climate we have every spring and autumn !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! so nice gifts you received!
    oh, that post to Russia ..... it takes so long, even from here (the Netherlands). You can see yourself how far is package: http://www.russianpost.ru/rp/servise/en/home/postuslug/trackingpo

    hugs,
    Olga

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely gifts! Oh, my those dresses!!!! Amazing to see in person I am sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful gifts you received Noni! That little bunny pillow is darling! Thanks for the link to the story...going to check it out as I too love looking at the history of dresses and even better, wedding dresses!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful goodies and beautiful dresses

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohh! Sounds like a wonderful event! I would love to see all those dresses =)

    hehhehe we have to love Mr. Postman ;) He is the one who brings our goodies!!! :D hehehhe
    Wonderful gifts, lovely parcel from Rita and also a beautiful exchange from Judith :D Lucky you ;)

    hugs&smiles :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, amazing dresses you should have seen !
    I had the opportunity to see some beauties too when we went to the craft show in September, that sounds great :)
    And how beautiful are your gifts
    I already said it on MS blog but I have to say it again because everything is so sweet
    I love Judith stitching
    very great exchange, and Rita is such a sweetheart
    I hope your parcel will arrive very soon in Russia
    big big hugs
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the bunny pillow, too cute. The wedding dresses look amazing, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all of your gifts and the wedding dress exhibition looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment, otherwise I will reply via email! ♥ Note, I have had to enable comment moderation due to the number of spam comments I am currently receiving. Hopefully I can return to normal comment publishing soon :)