I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Monday, December 24, 2012

Winter Exchange - Part 2

I'm back again... two posts in two days.... think that is probably a bit of a record for me!

Yesterday I told you about the exchange ornament and package that I sent to Rita as part of the MS Lovers Blog Winter Exchange.

Today I will show you what arrived in my mail box on Friday all the way from Francesca in Florence, Italy.

I am totally blown away by what I received from Francesca.  I am still in shock by what was in the big box that arrived.... I have been completely and utterly spoilt.

Package of goodies from Italy
Isn't this just amazing....  Francesca stitched the "Trimming the Tree" tree skirt for me.... One of my favourite designs and the full design of what I stitched for my exchange.  You can see the little hedgehog at the end that I stitched for Rita.... Think there must have been some sort of intergalactic telepathy going on here!!

I just love this tree skirt!  I love the way that Francesca has finished it off the little ties and the Christmas ribbon across the top.  Just gorgeous!!!

"Trimming the Tree" tree skirt from Francesca
Francesca also included some other lovely ornaments, a calendar and a little stocking full of goodies....
More goodies....
Francesca said in her note that the little stitched heart is a thank you
for the pixie gift I sent her a few months ago...
Also in the packages Francesca included some red and green fabric and some lovely red and green thread....  and in the stocking there were these gorgeous buttons and charms...
Aren't these just the cutest buttons & charms....
The snowman paper clip was attached to one of the packages
And then to top it all off... there was also this lovely Lizzie Kate chart and a reindeer pot holder....
Adorable.....
I am completely lost for words to receive this most amazing and beautiful exchange package from Francesca.  I can't begin to express how I felt when I saw what was inside the box.  I have to admit that I had tears in my eyes when I was opening the packages....  Francesca, you have spoilt me rotten.. and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your friendship and for this most wonderful gift.

I have displayed all these wonderful gifts on the desk with the other Christmas stuff that we have out at the moment.  You will notice that I now have an ornament tree on the desk... Hubby and I saw this when we were out on Friday... and I thought that I must have it to display the lovely ornaments that I received.

Our Christmas display for 2012
Time to go again.... with today being Christmas Eve it won't be long til the man in the red suit comes sliding down chimneys and leaves package for all the little children.

Til the next time we meet Merry Christmas to all





8 comments:

  1. Such a lucky girl! Merry Christmasxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are indeed lucky, Noni, but well deserved. I just received your Xmas card. Thank you so much for sending me such a lovely thought at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooooo gorgeous ... and well deserved :) hope you have a lovely day :) love mouse xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute ..enjoy them all
    Merry Christmas dear x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful !! Francesca spoiled you and did a very great piece for you
    I love this design too
    3 hedgehogs, he, over cute =D
    so super =)
    enjoy everything =D
    Big big hugs mad Merry Christmas
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas my sweet friend!! :) such a lovely exchange!! You've been a lucky lady :D
    Sorry I'm a little behind, here we are almost starting dinner but I know Santa has passed over there already :) Did he fill your stocking with many joys??? I hope so :D Merry Christmas to you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what wonderful gifts from Francesca! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my what great exchange you have received! So many beautiful things! Very funny that you had received the same Margaret Sherry design that you stitched to me! And you know what? In the christmas exchange from last year (2011) i also received a stitched postcard with the same design ehehe
    I also received a little gift from Francesca because of the pixie parcel that she received from me. It was too kind from her :)
    Hope you had a great christmas!!
    kisses!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment, otherwise I will reply via email! ♥ Note, I have had to enable comment moderation due to the number of spam comments I am currently receiving. Hopefully I can return to normal comment publishing soon :)