I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Winter Exchange - Part 1

Hello!
Here I am back again....

I have again taken part in one of the MS Lovers Blog exchange - this time the theme was a Winter Exchange/Christmas ornament.  So with Christmas and the posting date just around the corner I went to my trusty old "Best of Margaret Sherry" bookazine.  This book is full of some great designs so I knew that I would find the perfect one.

It took me a little while to pick the design that I wanted to stitch as I couldn't decide whether to do one of the "Twelve Days of Christmas" or something else.  In the end it was the cute little hedgehogs that swayed me... and I decided to stitch part of the "Trimming the Tree" design.  The part of the design that I decided to stitch was one of the hedgehogs carrying the Christmas lights.  They are all so cute...one day I will stitch the whole design.
Finished ornament
Margaret Sherry - "Trimming the Tree"
Back of finished ornament
To finish the ornament I used a red and green Christmas fabric to border my stitching, trimmed it with some pretty beaded trim, a bell and some more beads.  The backing fabric is a red holly design that I thought would go very well with the beaded trim and the other fabric.

My ornament was mailed off to Portugal with plenty of time to spare.... for a change!  Rita was my exchange partner.  Before stitching my ornament and putting together the rest of the package I spent a bit of time looking over her blog to see what her other interests were besides stitching Margaret Sherry designs.  Rita had mentioned on her blog that she has started doing some scrapbooking so I thought I would put together a package of bits and pieces for Rita to use in her scrapbooking.

Ornament and exchange gift for Rita
MS Blog Lovers Winter Exchange
Included in the package were some Christmas stickers, ribbons, pom poms, buttons, brads, Christmas scatters/sequins, Santa pegs and of course a couple of candy canes!

Rita received the package safe and sound a couple of weeks after I mailed it to Portugal.  I am really pleased that it arrived safe and sound and that Rita adored it!

I have now received my exchange package from Italy, so stay tuned and I will show you very soon the most amazing package that came in the mail on Friday.

Til then, happy stitching






9 comments:

  1. Great exchange. Will stay tuned to see the next one:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful exchanges..can't wait to see the next one..
    Love x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely and thoughtful exchange. Beautifully finished ornament.

      Delete
  3. What a fun ornament and goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhh love that beading on your ornament and the hedgehog is sooo cute ... (love her wee mice's too ) hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a very merry stitchy new year :) love mouse xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Noni,

    Thanks for stopping by mi blog.

    Yes, is true Valerie is delighted with notebook design for her.

    In the comment you left on the Valerie´s blog, you said you liked the worry dolls, I want to send you some, please if true, Valeria is delighted with notebook design for her.

    In the comment you left on the blog of valeria, you said you liked the worry dolls, I want to send some Strengthen me your address please.

    Rita, must be very happy with the gift you sent, you have a unique and very Bueb taste.

    I send you a hug and desep you happy holidays.

    Happy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you chose the perfect design =D
    This hedgehog is really too cute, and your ornament is so well done !!!
    very lovely piece in a great exchange
    I understand Rita adored it =D
    She will surely make great pieces with all these goodies next Xmas =)
    I think you're the 1st to have Xmas, hehehehe, so Merry Christmas sweetie, to you and Mark and all the pets =D
    Big hugs
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always, you make beautiful exchange parcels!! Your piece is gorgeous :D Congrats to you and to Rita the lucky girl who received all your gifts :D
    Merry Christmas my friend!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Noni, i still hadn't saw this...sorry! Yes, i was the lucky girl to receive your beautiful ornament and the othercute things! I wanto to thank you again, especially the concern about go and read my blog to see my interests and then sent me gifts about it. It was very kind from you. Thank you again!!
    kisses and hugs for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥