I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Monday, October 15, 2012

Totally Useless SAL - New Moon 15 October 2012 Update

Oh my goodness... here we go again!  Another ORT report and another month has by without a post from me....  No excuses just one little itty bitty reason -


Mitzi!!

Nothing much seems to get done around here since a certain puppy arrived... no stitching or crafting, no blogging, no housework!  But we wouldn't be without her.  She is an absolute delight.  Slowly but surely she is growing and every day a little bit more of her brain is delivered.  For the most part she has got the toilet training right although every now and then we have a wee accident indoors...  Oscar is Mitzi's new best friend, but Felix is a lot more reserved and is still not quite there yet.

Now down to what this post should be about... the ORT report!

ORT's, Dragon and Pumpkin
Seeing as how it is October and the other half of the world is going into Autumn and is pumpkin mad, I thought I would take this month's photo with the last of our pumpkin crop from earlier in the year.  Our new crop of pumpkins are just starting to put their little heads out of the ground so hopefully we will have another great crop this season.

The ORT's jar is filling up slowly.  I have almost finished my Margaret Sherry Cool Cat #3 (Spring) but have had to put him away for a couple of weeks as I need to get some stitching done on a couple of cards and an exchange piece.

While there hasn't been a lot added this last month to the ORT jar, I did manage to finish the stitching of my kitty card last night.
Colourful cat designed by Jane Henderson
Cross Stitcher magazine, April 2007
Well dear readers, that's it for another ORT report.  See you all again same time next month... Pop on over to Daffycat's blog if you are interested keeping in touch with what is going on with the 2012 TUSAL.

Now before I wander off to bed.... struggling to stay awake after being woken up at 4am yet again this morning by a beautiful puppy....

On Friday I went to a "Meet the Author" event to meet one of my favourite authors - Monica McInerney.
Me and Monica McInerney (R) after she signed my book
Monica is currently back in Australia doing a tour promoting her latest book "House of Memories".  She is a lovely lady and it was wonderful to hear her talk about how her writing and also how she got the idea for this book.  I am always fascinated by people that can write wonderful stories... how amazing it must be to have a idea that grows and evolves into a story that people like you and me then sit down and read and have hours of enjoyment while lost in a book.  The "House of Memories" was a wonderful story... I started it on Wednesday before going to the event and finished it Friday night.  I just couldn't put it down on Friday... if you haven't read it yet... try and get a hold of the book - it is such a wonderful read - happy, sad and every emotion in between.  Can't wait til Monica's next book comes out... which will be a couple of years away though.

Til the next new moon on 13 November 2012, happy stitching and may your collection of ORT's keep growing!




New Moons - 2012
13 November
13 December

12 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your new baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww so cute..mitzi is so cuteeeeeeee
    lovely stitching..and great picture of you with the author..
    love and hugs for you deary xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful ORT display this month! How nice that you got to meet the author! Your puppy is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mitzi is adorable,brilliant picture :-)
    I like the sound of your book. How brilliant to meet the author:-):-)
    I love your ORT picture anf your pretty kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well... I think any reason to do with cutie Mitzi is a perfectly good one. :D

    Kitty card is cute! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mitzi is so adorable. Great tusal picture:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Noni, good morning :). Mitzi is sooooooo cute! What a lovable puppy she is! Also loved the colourful cat design :). Happy Stitching :).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mitzi is sooooo cute =) look at those eyes!! :D hehehe Ohhhh she is worth all your time and attention =))))
    So nice to see your picture!! :D Hugs to you sweet Noni!

    ReplyDelete
  9. it's so great you could meet your favourite author
    at a time , mine was Mary Higgins Clark and I met her, she signed me a book too, but it was forbidden to take pictures :(
    so super to see you =)
    Mitzi looks adorable, give a hug to Felix for me :)
    a big hug for you
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. MITZIIIIII!!!! Ooooh I love her! She is soooo adorable! I'm a wee bit jealous because I've always wanted a King Charles Spaniel! I hope your kitties come around to her soon. Love that photo of you and your favourite author! You look overjoyed! Very exciting to meet someone you admire!!

    Hugs

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aha! That explains why I haven't seen much of your posts/blogs recently. Lovely, gorgeous puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mitzi! I well understand that she takes all your time, she's so adorable!!! Please give her a cuddle for me!
    It's great to meet your favourite author, I see from the photo that you're really happy!!!
    hugs
    francesca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥