I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Friday, September 21, 2012

Totally Useless SAL - New Moon 16 September 2012 Update

Finally I am here again!  Only a week late - well, not quite a week but almost!

The New Moon was last Sunday 16th September but time waits for no one - especially not me!  A week has gone by and I just haven't managed to get near the laptop to do a post.

I don't really have a lot of news to tell you for this ORT report as there hasn't been a huge lot of stitching going on this month.  I did manage to clean up a few little things that have been hanging around in the stitching  basket.

So what little raggy ORT's went into the jar this month.....

Winter kitty (Cool Cat - Margaret Sherry)
Crazy kitty (Cross Stitch Crazy design - Durene Jones)
Party Paws Panda (Cross Stitch Card Shop - freebie)
Pin cushion x 2 (Cross Stitcher - freebies)
Bear Hugs (Cross Stitch Collection - freebie)
All Our Yesterdays (The World of Cross Stitch freebie - Faye Whittaker)
Best Buddies (Cross Stitch Card Shop freebie - Adam Prescott)

Gosh, when I list them all it seems that I did a lot of stitching but most of the stitching was just little bits of finishing off.... but I will quite happily think that I was a prolific stitcher this month!!

I have also finished the AOY and Best Buddies freebies over the last couple of days and even managed to start the Cool Cats Spring kitty.  So while I didn't seem to have done much stitching on anything big, I did manage to put some more little ORT's in the jar over the month.

ORT's & Dragon - September 2012
This month's picture finds the dragon and ORT's looking after the material that Hubby is going to use to stitch a little quilt for Mitzi puppy to have on the sofa.  She loves curling up on the sofa but leather is not particularly warm for puppies so very soon she will have her own special quilt and cushion to sleep on!

Last weekend was also IHSW.  I didn't get a lot of stitching done with a certain little puppy stealing all the available time in the weekend, but I did manage to finish off a couple of little freebies that I have been  trying to stitch over the last couple of weeks.

"Best Buddies"
Freebie - Cross Stitch Card Shop, Issue 84
designed by Adam Prescott

"All Our Yesterdays"
Freebie - Word of Cross Stitch, Issue 190
Designed by Faye Whittaker
Well dear readers, that's it for another ORT report and IHSW update.  See you all again same time next month... Pop on over to Daffycat's blog if you are interested in signing up or keeping in touch with what is going on with the 2012 TUSAL, and don't forget to drop in on Joyce's blog to check out who joined the IHSW for that month.

Til the next new moon on 15 October 2012, happy stitching and may your collection of ORT's keep growing!




New Moons - 2012
15 October
13 November
13 December

9 comments:

  1. both of the finishes are so cuteeee..
    lovely orts..
    love for you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best buddies is so cute =)
    And AOY is lovely too! You always pick the sweetest designs to stitch! I love your choices :D
    hugs&smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. hooo I love Binky bunny =)
    I stitched one also some weeks ago
    yours is adorable
    as Nia said you always choose the sweetest designs to stitch !
    and I'm sure you will make great finishes.....
    happy stitching
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are wonderful finishes - you've obviously been much busier than you thought.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute small picture! "Best Buddies" so sweet, I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute stitches! But you forgot to add cute puppy pictures!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww, love them, Noni. The little girl one is so sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both the designes are sweet,happy and colourfull ,really makes us smile ?!
    The little puppy must have lot of energy and needs some one to play with all the time..
    Arent the little puppies and Kittens so adoarable !!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥