I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Puppy dog tails

Or should that be puppy dog tales!

We have now had our new little lady in our house for just over a week, and what a week it has been!!

Mitzi is the most delightful puppy.  She has been so good and has settled in very well.  The boys have slowly started to come round to having a puppy in the house.  They are not too sure about her when she barks at them and tries to get them to play with her!  The funniest thing is when she is sleeping they both come up and sniff her and check her out... but when she is running around they prefer to keep their distance!


Mitzi loves to chew things - like all puppies.  We have had to barricade off parts of the garden (like the veggie patch) as she thought running around in there was the best thing - all those plants to chew like rhubarb and raspberries or fertilizer!  So now her veggie garden runs have been stopped and she is a bit miffed about that... but better to have her on the other side of the veggie patch than in there eating things that will make her ill.  Bamboo is much safer to chew!  Should have named her Panda!!


And of course what else do puppies like to do?  Dig!!!  There are little holes all around the garden where she decides all of a sudden to dig a hole.  She has found the big holes that Daisy had dug in the back yard and loves running into them and lying down...  but of course she has to make her own as well.  Luckily they are easy to fill in at this stage!


And after a big morning of running around in the garden we just have to sleep.  She is lying on Daisy's old bed - her little mat fits nicely in half of the bed and the other half she lies on when she gets too hot from sleeping on the mat.  We nearly gave these beds away to the dogs home when we took the last of Daisy's food and mats in,  but decided to keep them just in case... just as well we did as they are perfect for a little dog to stretch out on - albeit they are rather large for a little dog!!


Oh, and did I mention she loves the boy's cat grass!  Poor kitties, their life has been well and truly turned upside down by a puppy.  Not only does she bark at them with that high pitched puppy bark, but she also can fit through the cat door into their outside area and then she goes and eats their cat grass!  Yuck dog spit!!  We have also barricaded off parts of the house so she is currently confined to the kitchen, family room and part of the dining room area, which means the boys can go and hide from her in their many hidey holes around the house when she gets too much for them.

I had forgotten how much attention puppies need when they first arrive in the house!  Constantly watching her to make sure she doesn't chew on electrical cables or wee in the wrong spot... but that was last week!  This week she is getting the hang of either going to the back door to go out or heading out the cat door (most of the time), and now that the speakers and my stitching light have been put away there isn't any obvious cables in her play area to worry about.

Tomorrow will be a big day for her as I am going back to work in the morning and she will be home alone with only the cats for company.  I am only working in the morning on Wednesday and Thursday, and will be home on Friday, so it will be a bit of test for her to be on her own for so long.  So far we have only left her for a couple of hours at the most.  But I think she will be ok....  Hubby is at home next week on leave but after that it will be back to the normal routine for us all.  I think she will be ok by then as she has settled in very well and even slept all night last night :o)

Mitzi has already found a place in our hearts and while she will never replace Daisy it is nice to have a dog in the house again.

Stay tuned for more Mitzi updates!!  I will be back in the next day or so with some stitching updates for you.

Til then, keep safe and happy stitching...





13 comments:

  1. She is such a little cutie and it sounds like she has made herself right at home:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's so cute! I'm glad to hear that a bit of the ache in your heart from losing Daisy is getting filled with this gorgeous little girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is just so cute. Glad she is settling in so well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww she is so cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    kisses for her xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Noni.
    Congrats on the new puppy..Mitzi is so cute and adorable. It seems she is fitting in well. How sweet she is using the cat door for now. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your "Puppy Tales" post really made my day.
    Isnt Mitzi just the cutest Puppy ever..and her as
    a "Panda Puppy" next the bamboo plant looks so sweet.

    Let me tell You something funny (or I even try with me not so perfect english?! )

    Well,I woke up very early this morning and as a first thing I opened the computer and went to see my blog.
    I was still almost at sleep and I saw that you had comented my blog.
    I went to see your blog and noticed that it was written on Tuesday..
    I wondered how in the earth she could have written it at at Tuesday but in the middle of the night.
    Remember it was very early morning and was just woke up..
    My curly hear looked funny and my eys hardly kept open.


    It took me some minutes when I rembered
    -Yes ,indeed! Noni lives at Australia of course she has already Tuesday !!
    :) :) LOL LOL ....

    Little very sleepy me forgot that you do not live in Finland..

    When reading blogs I often feel that people are somehow near even they live at many parts of the world.
    Maybe this one of the things I love in blogging..
    We can know each other even there are oceans between us !! :)
    I hope you understood even little something I tryed to say..
    You have done some pretty stitching too :) :)

    With Hugs and Smiles as Nia often says..

    Maija from Finland :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhhhhhh she's so cute!! =) and sleeping heheheh adorable! :D
    Looks like having a baby at home! Full days of adventure ;) LOL
    Hugs&Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahahahah I just saw that Maija also wrote hugs&smiles ;) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh - my - gosh...SO cute. She is SO adorable. Enjoy the gorgeous puppy time :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh! She is absolutely precious!! Puppies are like toddlers, aren't they!?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NONI!!! She's adorable!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hooooooooooooo, how cute she is !!
    the cutest puppy =)
    and the way you told us her life is so funny
    it seems to be lot's of work hehehehe and I can imagine the cats faces =)
    I'm really happy you have this adorable animal by your side
    keep giving us news from her
    big hugs
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥