I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Monday, June 4, 2012

Thank you...


Mental note to self - don't let the cat step on the laptop keyboard while typing a post..... whole posts can just disappear!!!  And to make matters worse the auto-save happened at the same time so I couldn't even salvage what I had sitting in my drafts from earlier today when I started typing!!  So let's try again....

Today's post is one big Thank You!  Thank you to everyone who has commented on my last post about the passing of our beautiful Daisy dog.  I have tried to personally reply to you all, however a couple of you had "no-reply" on your comments and I haven't been able to locate an email address for you.  Both Hubby and I thank you all for your lovely heartfelt comments, thoughts and hugs.

It has been a very sad week but we managed to survive the first week without Daisy.  Each day gets easier.. although coming home and not having a big bouncing puppy waiting for you is still heart wrenching and can be a struggle.  Daisy's ashes were returned to us on Friday - while it's not the same as having her here with us we both feel that her spirit is still here in house.  I am sure that I have felt her here many times over the last week and I felt her presence very strongly just before the door bell rang on Friday when Lawnswood returned her ashes... Very strange I know....

Now I also have some other Thank You's as well.  Remember I mentioned in a previous post about the exchange that went a bit awry?  Well, since receiving my replacement exchange pressie from the lovely Valerie a couple of weeks ago I have since received another 3!  Lovely pressies have arrived from Claire in Belgium and Francesca and Laura in Italy.  I wonder what my mail man thinks with all these international parcels arriving for me?!?

Pressie from Claire - Dulcinella's Chaos
Pressie from Laura - con le mie manine
Pressie from Francesca - Violetta: a cross stitch lover
I have such lovely friends on the MS Lovers Blog and I thank you all so very much for being so generous.  The gifts are all lovely and have certainly put a smile on my face.... especially this last week.  Thank you :o)
Before I go, I just remembered that I haven't mentioned the postcard exchange that I recently did with Shannon from A Bit of This and That.  Shannon sent me this lovely postcard from your home state of Michigan.  Doing a postcard exchange was great fun.
Thank you Shannon
Now for a quick stitching update.... I haven't done a lot of stitching this week but what stitching I have done is all very secret squirrel stuff for the MS Lovers Blog summer exchange, so unfortunately I can't share this with you just yet!  Once it is finished, mailed and has arrived at it's destination then I will share.  I am hoping that what is in my imagination for the final finish actually works.... otherwise I will be in trouble!!

Well dear readers, that is it for this week.  Hope you all have a wonderful week and for those of you in the UK, enjoy all the wonderful celebrations that are taking place for the Diamond Jubilee for our fabulous Queen.  An amazing achievement for a great lady!

Til next time, happy stitching


13 comments:

  1. Hello

    Daisy is most certainly with you in spirit, I still have the ashes of each of my four previous kitties and I feel that they are still here.

    What lovely presents you've had and the post card exchange is a great idea.
    Looking forward to seeing your secret stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that you are finding it a bit easier. Your pressies are lovely and timed so well to cheer you up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear things are getting a little bit more easy for you. Having Daisys ashes around will sure makes a difference and I believe strongly that the lovely memories we cherish keep our loved-ones alive in a certain way. Glad you got so much pressies and you liked them! Big hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very sorry to hear about Daisy
    -I wish I could give you a big hug !:)
    Loosing a loved pet is heartbraking..
    It is sure that Daisy walks on the Rainbow Bridge now..

    You get lovely gifts from the stitchers...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your exchanges look wonderful. Glad to hear things are getting a little easier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ho my, I knew some blogfriends put on their pixies boots too, but I didn't imagine you would be so blessed =)
    stitchers are lovely, I'm happy you received so wonderful gifts, you deserve them =)
    Maybe it's not finished, hehehehe =)
    I find the idea of the postcard exchange very good !
    Sure your finish for the summer exchange will be great, can't wait to see it =)
    happy stitching sweetie, you have new supplies =)
    big big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you mean about still feeling a presence .... we have done one many occasions ... glad to hear things are a little easier ... it does get better .... and wow what lovely friends you have got with all your surprise presents :0)
    watched some of the jubilee and it was really nice shame about the weather ....
    if you want some help with the finishing and pickling another set of brain cells just squeak ok :) love mouse xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a nice thing, for you to get so many little gifties at just the right time. That's awesome. I hope it gets better each day, until you can rescue another little pup who needs a good home. (Or a full grown dog, lol. They need homes more than puppies do!!) It's hard not to feel a presence. Even if your dog is gone, he's still there in your thoughts and memories, and I'm sure they hover over us to make sure we're okay before they move on. Can't wait to see your summer exchange!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Noni,

    Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving your lovely comment.
    It's much appreciated and I'm glad to meet you.

    I have enjoyed seeing all those wonderful gift packages that you
    received from your fellow exchange members to replace the one
    that never arrived. What a wonderful, generous and thoughtful
    group of stitchers!!

    I am so sorry to read of the sudden passing of your beloved
    Daisy and send you and your DH my heartfelt sympathy. I know
    how hard it is for you right now to get through each day missing
    her and how empty the house feels. It sounds as though you
    had a wonderful life together and she was so lucky to have had
    you as her family. I hope that the happy memories you have of
    Daisy will in time help to ease your heartache.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh sweetie, I know so well how it is to lose a friend =( But the good and happy memories will comfort your heart and take away the sadness!

    More goodies in the mail! Good to know that you're receiving a few smiles in this sad week..
    I knew my gift would be the last one :p I posted later than the other ladies because I changed my idea, Valérie was sending you a string bag so I decided to make something else heheheh You'll see soon! I hope you'll enjoy my gift too =)
    hugs to you my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't it amazing that we can still sense their presence?
    May you find comfort in that and your memories.
    Lovely gifts you received!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Noni, so sorry to hear about your dog. Pets are family, even if not biologically related. Big hugs from me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Noni, I hope you continue to feel better. It will never be the same without her but it's important to remember that she had an amazing life with you and was the happiest of puppies. The exchange pieces you received are gorgeous, I love how happy and colorful they are! Hugs to you, Ewa.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥