I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

IHSW May 2012 Update

Hello!  Here we are again for the IHSW update.  Isn't it great that TUSAL and IHSW both ended up on the same weekend again :o)  Unfortunately though I don't really have much to tell you.....

This weekend was busy but not for stitching!  We were out on Saturday wandering around the garden centre and spending money on lovely new plants for the garden.  We also had lunch at the garden centre with my brother and his very new wife!  Such a nice way to spend a Saturday. Sunday afternoon was spent out in the garden planting all the lovely new plants after all the chores were done of course!!

On Friday I spent the afternoon making up the kitty card that I showed you in my last post.  But I did manage to get some stitching done here and there over the weekend and guess what - I finished the Tiny Rose Garden Mandala!  Well actually I finished the last bit of beading last night.  But near enough is close enough!
Tiny Rose Garden Mandala completed 21 May 2012
Chatelaine Designs - Martina Rosenberg
So that's it for my stitching update this IHSW!  Told you there wasn't much to say.....

If you want to see what everyone else has done over the weekend, drop in on Joyce's post for this month's IHSW and click on the list of links!  There is lots of visiting to be had!!

Now while I might not have too much stitching to show you this month, I do have something else to show you.

My very lovely friend from France, Valerie from Fele le point, went to Paris a couple of weeks ago and while there she purchased a Paris snow globe and sent it all the way over here so that I could add it my very small collection.  I have been a bit slow adding a pic to my blog so you can all see my lovely new snow globe!
Paris snow globe from Valerie
But the surprises don't stop there.  Last week Valerie sent me a lovely surprise to make up for me not getting a package in the Spring Exchange.  For some reason my partner in the MS Lovers Blog Spring Exchange has been out of contact so we are not sure what has happened and why she hasn't sent anything but never mind!  The lovely Valerie wanted to put a smile on my face, and she certainly did that...  Look what she made me!
Gift from Valerie - Spring Exchange replacement
I had seen the pin cushion on Valerie's blog when she made one for a friend and I absolutely loved the fabric - so Valerie made me one too, as well as stitching the cute fishing cat and turning that into a little bag.  I am going to use both in my stitching basket so that they can bring a smile to my face each time I see them!

It is very disappointing when an exchange doesn't quite go to plan, but the ladies on the MS Lovers Blog are so lovely.  A number of them offered to send me something to replace my missing package!  Aren't stitchers and bloggers just the most generous people around?

Thank you Valerie for your lovely gifts - they are wonderful and I really appreciate you taking the time to stitch them and sending them to me.

Ok dear readers, I think that is about for tonight!  It is getting way past my bedtime and the carriages are about to turn back into pumpkins!  Daisy and the boys are already in bed so looks like Mum and Dad had better follow them!!

Til next time, happy stitching.

17 comments:

  1. Love your Garden Mandala. It is so very pretty.
    What a lovely replacement exchange. For every crappy partner out there, there are 10 wonderful people who will step up. They are so special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Mandala looks very pretty :)
    Oh I've seen Valérie gifts! How lovely and pretty is that set? :D I'm happy to see you've received some Spring gifts ;) And there are more packages traveling your way, I hope all surprises will make you smile :D
    Hugs&smiles to you my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahah while I was waiting my comment to be published, I read Kathy's comment above! "For every crappy partner out there, there are 10 wonderful people who will step up." I agre!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really love Rose Garden its gorgeous and well done on the complete. I to had a busy weekend with not much stitching in. Stitchers are some of the most generous I've found.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely stitching!

    Great TUSAL too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rose Garden is beautiful. And what lovely gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful gifts. The pincushion is indeed very pretty. I love the rose garden. You sure made me thinking: printed of a few of her designs too:-) thnaks for helping me with building up.a collection.lol.
    I'm glad you had such,a wonderful weekend. Enjoy your belated spring exchange.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Big Happy Dance for you Noni!!! Titus sends out a meow too!! Love Tiny Rose Garden!!! Wasn't it fun to stitch?!! Great gifts Valerie sent to you. Never entered an exchange..perhaps I will in the future when I have more time, but it's too bad that something happened to yours. I agree with Kathy's comment!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your Tiny Rose Garden finish! It's very pretty. Wonderful gifts too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely gifts and you are right, stitchers are the best people.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rose Garden is gorgeous and you've stitched it beautifully. And I agree - stitchers are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Garden Mandala is so pretty! And Val has certainly sent you a lovely package!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL, Noni, I saw Valerie's post first, so I knew what the bag looked like. But she didn't post the cushion. Both are darling. Glad you liked them, and the snow globe. Your Rosa Garden Mandala is lovely as well. Grats on the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Rose Garden is beautiful! oh my gosh...all that back stitching! :)

    Look at all the lovely gifts you received..I just adore snow globes! How sweet of Valerie to make up for the misunderstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I totally agree, you received wonderful gifts =D
    hehehe, I'm joking of course
    I'm so happy you loved them all
    I totally agree with the first paw print
    Sure you would have done the same if it had been me =)
    I LOVE your tiny rose garden, great stitching, bravo =)
    Your French friend, always
    big hugs
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful finish and wonderful gifts too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥