I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Liebster Award

Hello!  Guess what?  I have been nominated for the Liebster Award - not once but twice!

I have been meaning all week to post about my nomination by Mary Joan (Mary Joan Stitching) for the award but just didn't manage to find the time until today.... and now I have had an email from Threadbear (Once Upon a Cross Stitch) to say that she has also nominated my blog for the Award!

Thank you both so much for the nomination and for the lovely words that you have written about my blog.  It is lovely to know that people enjoy reading what I post, even if I haven't been posting very much over the last couple of months - I am still here and it's great to know that people are still reading my ramblings!  Thank you :o)
So what is the Liebster Award?

If you aren't familiar with the Liebster, which means 'favourite' in German, it is a way for bloggers to help each other out by spreading the word about their blogs.  As part of the Liebster tradition it is passed along to 5 bloggers that have motivated and inspired you.  To accept the award you must -
1. Link back to the person who gave it to you and thank them.
2. Post the award to your blog. 
3. Give the award to 5 bloggers with less than 200 followers that you appreciate and value. 
4. Leave a comment on the 5 blogs to let them know that they have been offered this award.
5. Share 5 random facts about yourself that people don't know about you. 

I have been thinking about the 5 blogs that I wish to nominate and this isn't as easy as it sounds.  To choose only 5 out of all of the blogs that I read/follow is difficult, but is made easier by that fact that the blog has to have less than 200 followers.  So here goes....

1. Mark's Quilts - ok, this one is actually hubby's quilting blog but I am still nominating this blog.  Hubby starting blogging before me and if he hadn't started to blog then I probably wouldn't have either!  I know that hubby doesn't often update his blog but when he does he has the loveliest of quilts and cushions to show.  Unfortunately life often gets in the way of his quilting but when he does get some quilting done it is lovely to behold.

2. Lumivalko ja Ruusunpuna - Maija has a beautiful blog.  While she writes in her own language for the most part she does gives us a translation of what she has written about, but often you don't need the words as her lovely pictures tell the story!

3. Kitten Stitching - Kaye's blog is a delight to read.  She is currently on holidays in the USA and I have really enjoyed reading her travel diary while she has been away.

4. Fee le point - Valerie (Valma) is a new addition to my reading.  We "met" via the MS Lovers Blog and Nia's blog a couple of months ago.  Valerie won the Christmas competition that Nia was running and she sent me part of the prize - a lovely snowglobe because I love snowglobes!  I just adore all the clever ideas that Valerie has for finishing her stitching.

5. Stitches and Cats, Oh My - Robin has a lovely blog.  I love seeing her gorgeous stitching and the pics of her cats.... well how can I go past a blog that has cats :o)

Ok, so that's five blogs nominated as per the award instructions, however I would like to now nominate every blog on my reading list!  The stitching that I see on all the blogs I read is so amazing.  Some of the designs that other stitchers do are mind blogging and I can only dream of being a stitcher in their league, and the speed of some of you is unbelievable!  I also follow a number of quilting blogs and other types of craft, as I find that inspiration can come from all sorts of places and I do get inspired by all the blogs that I read in one way or another!

Now part 2 of the Award instructions is to tell you 5 things about myself - so where do I start?

1. I love English TV shows - murder mysteries (old and new), period dramas, comedies - I could just keep on going but I must think of something else to tell you!

2. I love food but pasta is my favourite - oh and so are desserts, and pastries and cream and jam donuts!

3. I love thunderstorms.  Lightning is just the best skyshow!

4. I adore watching movies with those wonderful old style actors and actresses - Elizabeth Taylor, Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly, Clark Cable, Humphrey Bogart - but my all time favourite is Katherine Hepburn.

5. One of my all time favourite books is "These Old Shades" by Georgetta Heyer.  I love reading and read lots of different genres - mystery, historical novels, science fiction and fanstasy, the odd chick lit., even the occasional autobiography..  "These Old Shades" is probably the first "grown up" book that I read when I stopped reading Nancy Drew and the Chalet School books!  I have re-read this book many times since.  Don't ask me why but I just love reading it!

So that's it girls and boys!  A little bit more about me...

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog.  I look forward to seeing you all again soon!

Till next time, happy stitching

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your award Noni.
    I love Georgette Heyer's books too, I read all of them in my teens,along with Eleanor Burford writing as Jean Plaidy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to say I read all Georgette Heyer's Regency novels :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the award! Loved all of your facts! I love a good thunderstorm too, but more of a gentle rolling storm ~ the really violent ones put me on edge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your award :) Loved your facts - you'll enjoy it here in Johannesburg - thunderstorms and lightening shows are a common event in summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woooo thanks a lot Noni =D
    And thanks for the very kind things you said about my blog and I
    Remember, I'm soon going to Paris so you'll have another snow-globe as I promised =D
    I'm very touched by this award, and it counts a lot for me that you chose me, but as Lesley did last week when I send her this award, I can't afford to post it on my blog because I don't have 5 more blogs with less than 200 followers to make you discovered :-/
    I had to let you know :)
    But it's really very kind from you and I hope I'll stay in your readings for long =D
    Big hugs sweet Noni
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those facts about you! Thunderstorms are wonderful (I think it's wind that's scariest!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your award!
    Nice to know 5 random things about you :) I love pasta too!!! heheh In fact, I love italian food.. I'm getting hungry now hahahaha ;)
    Have a great day my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ___♥♥♥
    __♥♥_♥♥
    _♥♥___♥♥
    _♥♥___♥♥_________♥♥♥♥
    _♥♥___♥♥_______♥♥___♥♥♥♥
    _♥♥__♥♥_______♥___♥♥___♥♥
    __♥♥__♥______♥__♥♥__♥♥♥__♥♥
    ___♥♥__♥____♥__♥♥_____♥♥__♥_____
    ____♥♥_♥♥__♥♥_♥♥________♥♥
    ____♥♥___♥♥__♥♥
    ___♥___________♥
    __♥_____________♥
    _♥____♥_____♥____♥
    _♥____/___@__\\___♥
    _♥____\\__/♥\\__/___♥
    ___♥_____W_____♥
    _____♥♥_____♥♥
    _______♥♥♥♥♥

    Sweet Easter to you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment, otherwise I will reply via email! ♥ Note, I have had to enable comment moderation due to the number of spam comments I am currently receiving. Hopefully I can return to normal comment publishing soon :)