I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Totally Useless SAL - New Moon 22 March 2012 update

Oh my ears and whiskars - I'm late!

Finally I have managed to get my TUSAL update posted.  Better late than never as they say!

This month I have actually been very busy stitching and unfortunately frogging!  I made a mistake in counting on my Spring Exchange so had to remove about 20 stitches.  Just goes to show you shouldn't stitch when you're tired!  At least I noticed before too much damage was done and it was a very easy fix!

During the month I did manage to finish my Autumn cat for the MS Lovers Blog SAL #3, a kitty card and the MS Lovers Blog Spring Exchange piece, as well as start another Margaret Sherry design.  So quite a good stitching month for March.

TUSAL March 2012
Dragon, ORT's, Frog and harvest of apples from one of our apple trees
An Autumn Harvest!
This month's photo is taken with some apples from one of our two apples trees.  If I remember rightly these apples are the Lady Williams apples, the Jonathons are still very green.  Although that is not stopping the parrots from eating them!  Maybe my dragon should sit outside near the apple trees as he might manage to scare away the birds... not!!  Never mind, they don't eat much!

You may have noticed that I have a frog sitting on the lid of my ORT's jar.  The other day I was in the Red Dot store (type of $2 shop) and I spotted a key ring with a frog on it for $2!  So I bought it.... once I had removed the hook from his head I attached him to the ORT's lid with velcro and now I have a guardian of the "frogs" in the ORT's jar.

While I have finished stitching the "Autumn" kitty for the MS Lovers Blog SAL #3, I am still thinking about the final "finish".  I have decided to turn him into a cushion and have the material sitting there waiting - but so far the brain just hasn't quite got around to designing the final cushion.  But that will come I am sure in the next couple of weeks.
"Autumn" kitty - Cool Cats SAL #3
Margaret Sherry design
The start is another Margaret Sherry design - cat #3 from MS Lovers Blog SAL #1 Culinary Cats.  I am very pleased with my progress on this kitty.  I started it earlier this week and have managed to do about half of him already.  He is just so cute with his wedding cake!  Once I finish this little kitty chef I am thinking of finishing the whole 3 into a table runner or hanger.

SAL #1 - Culinary Cats - Cat #3
Margaret Sherry design
Well dear readers, that's it for another ORT report.  See you all again same time next month.... or maybe a couple of days later than the new moon!  It all depends on whether the White Rabbit is in charge again!

Pop on over to Daffycat's blog if you are interested in signing up for the 2012 TUSAL.

Til the next new moon on 21 April 2012, happy stitching and may your collection of ORT's keep growing!





New Moons - 2012
21 April
20 May
19 June
19 July
17 August
16 September
15 October
13 November
13 December

11 comments:

  1. Plenty of ORT's in your pretty jar.
    Autumn cat is my favourite of the set,lovely stitching.
    Those apples look very inviting:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww well it was well worth the wait :) lovely orts (fab dragon) cute frog and wonderful stitching too :) love mouse xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Mouse, worth the wait!

    Love the apples and it's funny about the parrots. The Margaret Sherry designs are adorable. Her animals always make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your orts are lovely and plenty! love the stitching, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wooo Noni, your autumn cat is really wonderful
    great stitching =D
    Hope to see the cushion you'll make soon =D
    I have to start my summer cat !!
    Happy stitching sweetie and have a nice week
    big hugs
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Margaret Sherry cats are too cute :)
    I'm stitching one as well holding a big bunch of tulips. I just love her designs

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much stitching news :D I love love love Autumn cat! So cute =)
    And more on the Culinary Cats! Great work sweetie :D
    Hugs&smiles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Noni! I love reading your blog so I have nominated you for a Liebster Award :-) Please check out my blog for details!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still want to steal your dragon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How clever to put the frog on top of your jar!
    Great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Autumn cat is my favorite among other Cool Cats. I can't wait to stitch it! Well, it should be my 3rd cat, so I should proceed with my summer cat first... :)
    Good luck on your SALs!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment, otherwise I will reply via email! ♥ Note, I have had to enable comment moderation due to the number of spam comments I am currently receiving. Hopefully I can return to normal comment publishing soon :)