I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The IHSW that wasn't.....

Hello again!  Yes, it is little old me back again.  I have been a little bit MIA lately, haven't I?  See how life just seems to get in the way of all the fun things like blogging and stitching!?!

It has been over 2 weeks since my last blog.... and the only way I am actually getting time to blog today is because I am at home from work as I am not feeling very well.  Nothing too bad wrong with me, just a general overall tiredness, headache and yicky tummy.   But it does mean that I can get on to the laptop and do some blogging.... after I have attended to my work emails of course!

So here I am typing a much belated stitching update while watching "He Knew He Was Right" and getting itchy fingers to finish my little Autumn kitty.

So without further ado here is my stitching update!

Last weekend was the IHSW but unfortunately I forgot to sign up for it... which probably doesn't really matter anyway given that I didn't get an awful lot of stitching done over the weekend!  But I did manage to "finish" my piece for the Margaret Sherry Lovers Blog Spring Exchange.

Sorry you're not allowed to see it yet.... but I can show you the box that is currently winging it's way over to Italy.
Package on it's way to Italy
Once the package arrives at it's destination I will post a pic of what I made and sent....

But I can show you a picture of the finished kitty card that I sent over to the UK last week for the Craftbubble "Crazy for Kitties" Birthday Exchange.
Kitty Card for Craftbubble "Crazy for Kitties" Birthday Exchange
Designed by Lesley Teare, Cross Stitch Crazy Issue 137, May 2010
As regular followers will know this is the second kitty from the series that I have stitched for the Craftbubble Birthday Exchange.  They are such delightful designs to stitch and I may very well stitch the other 2 for the upcoming birthdays in May and June.  The papers that I used to make the card were in my stash but I can't remember which magazine exactly they came from.  The paper had brown flowers on it which I thought would frame the stitching nicely.  I then added some shiny bling to the centre of the flowers to give them a wee bit of shine!

Now I was going to give you an update on the MS Lovers Blog SAL #3, but as I am nearly finished the backstitch on Autumn Kitty I think I will wait until the next post to show you the finished product.  Gives me a reason to do another post this week!!

On Saturday Hubby and I decided to go craft shopping.... and that of course means spending $$ on more stash!  I was looking for some material for my Autumn Kitty and for something that can't be mentioned just yet.... but I also found some other bits and pieces which I will show you shortly.

Hubby was on a mission to get some backing fabric for the two quilts that he has been doing over the last couple of months.  So on Saturday morning we packed up the car and grabbed a water bottle and a cut lunch... well not exactly!  But from where we live and where we were going it is about an hour's drive... but the shops are well worth the trip! 

The first place we went to was Carol's of Midland.  The fabric selection was fantastic and I could have spent all day in there playing with the fabric and notions!  Hubby found a wonderful range of William Morris fabrics which are on the stash wish list!  I found the perfect fabric for my not to be mentioned Spring Exchange!

The second fabric shop that we went to was Handcrafters House.  This shop also has a wonderful range of fabrics and bits and pieces.  This was where I found the perfect piece of fabric for my Autumn Kitty.  Hubby also found the backing fabric that he was after so both of us had ticks in boxes!

Now after all that spending it was time for morning tea.  We found a lovely tea shop in Guildford called "Maddison Cottage".  This delightful tea shop is set up in a little cottage and is also a shabby chic gift shop.  All the sweet treats are made in store and they even have gluten free options.  Hubby and I shared a piece of the scrummy apricot and sour cream tart.  We so should have had a piece each!!!

So after being re-energised we then made our way over to Armadale and went to visit Colours Down Under.  Now this is a shop that I can truly get lost in.... all the charts, the threads, the notions.... oh heaven!  So what did I buy to add to my stash?
Cute little pins, thread winder and Thread Heaven

Fat Quarters of fabric to add to the stash.... my stash not Hubby's!
Although I am quite happy to share.. ;o)
 The Halloween pins and the thread winder are from Just Nan.  Aren't they just gorgeous.  The "Colours Down Under" beaded needles are just the thing to use to count stitches on big projects or just to have sitting in a pin cushion!  I also bought a little tiny box of wonder - Thread Heaven.  Now I have read about this marvel but never seen it to buy until now.... Will have to give it a go soon and see just what all the fuss is about!

So that was Saturday!  Sunday was spent finishing my Spring Exchange piece with the help of my wonderful husband.... his machine sewing skills are way better than mine.

I guess that's about it for now!  Time to say good bye and to leave you with an Oscar and Felix update!  Felix loves anything that is in a plastic bag... including threads.  Oscar loves getting on the cupboard lying on tea towels or anything else that may be on the cupboard!

Felix the Thread Snatcher

Oscar the veggie gardener
Home grown apples and zucchini
My next post will hopefully be just in time for the March TUSAL update on 22 March (or thereabouts!).  My ORT's jar is filling up nicely so at least there will be something in the jar to show this time!!

Till next time, happy stitching

5 comments:

  1. wooo ! your Kitty card is really gorgeous !
    Can't imagine what is in the the parcel on the first picture !!! =D
    My little finger tells me that Laura will be very happy :)
    Wait a few days Valérie...only a few days :)
    It's not my card but I'm impatient to see what you did, what everybody did =D
    It seems you had a great cool weekend, wish you the same for the week and also wish you feel better soon (you should have taken a whole piece of tart =D)
    Big hugs from France sweetie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card looks adorable!! As always :)
    And I can say that your partner will love your exchange parcel ;) heheheh
    Sounds like a really fun trip! :D Beautiful fabrics!!
    I will be here to see your Spring cat :) I'm anxious to start my next one ehhehe can't wait to start Summer cat :p
    Hugs&smiles to you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had great fun visiting your shops,great links thank you:) I am in the UK so virtual visiting it all I can do ..unfortunately.Lovely stash
    Love the pics of your cats,especilally Felix carrying the thread bag!
    I hope you are feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wanted you to know I have awarded you a Liebster Award for your blog beacause its always nice to visit.
    drop in on my blog to see all the details.

    Mary Joan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you weren't feeling well, but I suppose it's a good thing because we now get to see all that yummy stash! Love the kitty card and your Felix is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥