I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Friday, February 24, 2012

Totally Useless SAL - New Moon 21 February 2012

Oh my goodness I am so terribly late reporting on my TUSAL and my dismal effort on the ISHW.  Better late than never I guess!

Ok where do I start?  IHSW was last weekend.  I did get some stitching done on Sunday afternoon for a couple of hours, but Saturday was a complete washout.  We ended up being out all day and on Saturday night I was just too tired to hold the needle - but I did prepare everything for my new start!  So all wasn't lost on Saturday!

Bonus effort on the weekend though as I did manage to finish a kitty card on Friday night and Sunday I started my first Cool Cat for the MS Blog Lovers SAL #3.

Kitty card is another one from the Cross Stitch Crazy magazine issue 137 May 2010.  There are four kitties designed by Lesley Teare in the set.  So far I have stitched 2 and I may stitch the other 2 yet.   I do have some other kitty designs in the stitching basket for the Craftbubble "Crazy for Kitties" Birthday Exchange to choose from, so we shall just have to wait and see what comes up next for stitching!

Kitty Card for Craftbubble "Crazy for Kitties" Birthday Exchange
Designed by Lesley Teare, Cross Stitch Crazy Issue 137, May 2010
Once I make this up into a card I will show you the final result.... the card design is still brewing in the stew of my brain.

Now for my new start.  The MS Lovers Blog is having another great SAL. This one is stitching 4 seasonal cats - "Cool Cats" designed by Margaret Sherry.  The original designs appeared in the UK Cross Stitcher magazine Issue 194, and were also reprinted in the Margaret Sherry bookazine published by the Cross Stitcher magazine publishers.

I have decided to start with "Autumn" given that we are slowly leaving summer behind and waiting for the leaves to turn to the glorious oranges and browns of Autumn.  I will finish my four designs as little pillows using a seasonal fabric to back them.  Well that's the plan anyway!!!

MS Lover's Blog SAL #3
Cool Cats (Autumn) - designed by Margaret Sherry
I started this kitty on Sunday afternoon and have managed to stitch a little more during the week... but not much!  At the moment it is all the cream and white colours of his tummy but very soon there will be some black and grey to come.

If you want to have a squizz at what everyone was up to last weekend, go over to Joyze's post listing all the February sign ups and have a look at the 159 stitcher's blogs!  So far I haven't got very far down the list, but there is a whole weekend to go visiting (actually there's not as we are out all day again tomorrow - but there is still Sunday!)

Now the other reason for today's post is the very late ORT's report.  Don't ask me why but for some reason I thought the New Moon was today - 24th Feb - but of course it was 3 days ago....  I should have realised given how dark the nights have been! ;o)

ORT's jar this month is guarded by the dragon again as it is the Chinese Year of the Dragon!  Also this month the ORT's are posed with the wonderful Oscar Pants, the Stitching Cat!  Now when I was thinking about this photo today (admittedly in a hurried panic) I thought "oh my goodness Valentine's Day what can I use"... but nothing came to mind.... but what did jump out at me eventually was today is the first official game of this year's Super 15 Rugby series for our very own Western Force!  So what better prop for my February TUSAL than my Western Force scarf!  Unfortunately our boys lost by 2 points...... never mind.  There is always the next game!

TUSAL February 2012
Dragon, Oscar and the Western Force
As you can see the ORT's have multiplied since last month - thank goodness!  Still only a small start to the year but at least some stitching has been done.

Hopefully this weekend will see a little bit more stitching on the "Autumn" kitty and some black and grey ORT's will go on top of the cream and white ones that are so prevelant at the moment.

Pop on over to Daffycat's blog if you are interested in signing up for the 2012 TUSAL.

Til the next new moon on 22 March 2012, happy stitching and may your collection of ORT's keep growing!





New Moons - 2012
22 March
21 April
20 May
19 June
19 July
17 August
16 September
15 October
13 November
13 December

6 comments:

  1. hello deary, i love your stitching so much..beautiful like always..
    lovely orts..and cutest kitty..
    love for you daery xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute kitty card... and Oscar is gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cute kitty card and good luck with the MS design.

    hugs, Kaye xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. well you have been busy while I've been away :) love the stitching and your orts guardian is gorgeous :) love mouse xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kitty looks lovely! You always make such adorable cards =)
    Great start!!! :D Yes, you're right to start with Autumn. I made the calendar with the seasons on this side of the globe, you have to 'rotate' to Australia ;) ehehehehe
    I'm making pillows too, but not small little pillows.. mine are little but I think not as little as you're planning to make yours hehehehe I will show mine tomorrow :) my post from today was already too big :p hehehehe

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment, otherwise I will reply via email! ♥ Note, I have had to enable comment moderation due to the number of spam comments I am currently receiving. Hopefully I can return to normal comment publishing soon :)