I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Sunday, February 5, 2012

The end of another weekend....

I think I have asked this question before and I will most likely be asking it again... where has the weekend gone?

It is Sunday night and it is almost bedtime.... Hubby is watching Harry Potter and I have been trying to catch up on my blog reading - I was doing quite well until blogger decided to stop letting me comment on blogs.  So I must apologise to those of you that I have visited and caught up on the news but haven't left a comment on.

We have had a reasonably quiet weekend, although yesterday was busy as we went to visit some friends and then had to do the food shopping and then Saturday was over....  Today has been a very quiet day - not much happening once the ironing was done; which is good as we were both quite knackered after a busy week at work. 

Friday was my day off and boy did I need it!  I had a doctor's appointment and then later on in the morning had a hairdresser's appointment, and I also checked the mail at the post box as I generally do on a Friday.  Now why do I mention the mail do you ask... well this is why...


During December Nia from Caixinha de Pirlimpimpim had a "12 days of Christmas" post-a-thon where she posted about different things over 12 days and each day added a small gift to a stocking.  At the end of the Christmas postings she then picked the winners.  Nia had asked everyone to comment on a post about what they would like to win and I mentioned that I would like to win the little snow globe...  I didn't win at the time but Valerie from Fee le point did win the stocking.  She had mentiooned in your comment to Nia that if she won the stocking she would send me the snow globe... and that is what appeared in the mail.   All unknown to me as I hadn't actually seen Valerie's comment!

And here is my lovely new snow globe in all it's wonderful glory... and a cute little penguin card :o)


What a lovely surprise - this really made my day.  Thank you Valerie for your special gift and thank you Valerie and Nia for your generosity and friendship.

Last weekend I finally managed to finish the two cards that I was stitching for the February birthdays in the Craftbubble "Crazy for Kitties" birthday exchange.  They both hit the mail cart on Monday and hopefully will arrive in the UK in the next day or so.

Kitty card for Evaline
 
Kitty card for Julie
Now before I wander off to bed, as it is now almost my bedtime, there is just one more little mention I must make...

Kaye from Kitten Stitching did a post the other day about a conference that she want to in Sanctuary Cove, and for the Gala Dinner, which was fancy dress (British Muscians/Musicals), Kaye was dressed up as someone from a Gilbert and Sullivan operetta.... well I thought she looked like a Gondolier and said as much in my comment.  I guessed right!  Yippee... little happy dance happening here in my little part of the world!

Well that's it from me for now!  It is now well past my bedtime... Harry Potter is just finishing - "He who must not be named" has the Elder Wand from Dumbledore's grave..... have to wait for the next instalment to see if Harry saves the day!

Night night, sleep tight, see you all again real soon!

Until next time, happy stitching

13 comments:

  1. hello deary..what a sweet fun post..
    i love the globe so much..it is so cute..and the card too..
    i love both of your kitty stitching..they are super cute..
    i love harry potter too :)
    love cucki xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhh wasn't that lovely to get the globe :) lovely cards too especially the one snoozing :)
    got a snoozy puppy on me atm ..lol
    love mouse xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. suuuuuuper =D
    I'm so happy it well arrived, that it was a surprised and that you enjoyed

    Finally, it made my day too =D
    Big hugs my dear friend
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Noni, is Blogger behaving itself again yet? I am so happy that you won my surprise competition. I will send you a mystery prize on Wednesday.

    Hugs, Kaye xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice surprise, Noni!! The globe is so cute.

    Love your cards, they're darling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cards are absolutely precious! I think anyone would be honored to receive them :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards are lovely. Gorgeous snowglobe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have found some amazing friends on the blogosphere!! =)
    Lovely cards Noni, adorable! :)
    Hugs&smiles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your kitty cards! And aren't stitcher's just the best folks?! What a cute snow globe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read that on Nia's Blog and thought that was a wonderful thing of Valerie to do :o)

    Adorable kitty cards Noni!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those kitty cards are so cute....great work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your kitty cards are both adorable..the first one with the brown kitten was so sweet :)
    Thank You for visting my blog again ..You made happy !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Noni,
    Thanks for your comments on my blog about Pam K's cat and my real Furball kitty - always nice to hear from other pussy lovers ;-)
    Those cross stitched kitty cards are gorgeous - both the design and your stitching! Going to have a quick squizz at the rest of your blog, then add it to my favourites list.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment, otherwise I will reply via email! ♥ Note, I have had to enable comment moderation due to the number of spam comments I am currently receiving. Hopefully I can return to normal comment publishing soon :)