I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Friday, January 20, 2012

Where in the world....

Where in the world has January gone?  I can't believe that it is nearly 3 weeks since the new month and year started.... and nearly 3 weeks since I posted anything on my blog!  How time flies!  I must apologise for neglecting you all.

And what is my excuse reason?  Well... I don't have one!  I can't even tell you that I have been doing lots of stitching as I have been very slack on that side of things as well!

I did however spend the last week of our time off work scanning some of the charts from my magazines.  Hubby and I have started to tidy up and organise our craft room and as part of the tidy up I thought that I'd start scanning the charts and de-clutter my side of the room.  Of course by de-cluttering I mean make room for more stash!!

It's amazing how long de-cluttering takes!  By the time I played around each day scanning charts I didn't feel like stitching...

But... I did manage to make a start and now it's a finish.  I have been stitching a card for the Craftbubble "Crazy for Kitties" birthday exchange.  I need to do another one by the end of the weekend so that they can both be mailed and hopefully arrive in the UK by the first week of February.

Free Gift - Cross Stitcher issue January 1998
Sttiched for CB "Crazy for Kitties" birthday exchange
It's amazing what you find when you start to de-clutter your stash.  This little gem of a kitty was a free gift many moons ago (January 1998 to be precise) in the UK Cross Stitcher magazine.  Overall it was a very quick and easy stitch, however due to my lack of mojo it did take a couple of weeks... a couple of weeks too long!  I now need to get my skates on a bit and get the second one stitched for the February birthdays.

So it's just as well that I have decided to join the International Hermit and Stitch Weekend for 2012.  Joyce (Random Ramblings) is hosting the IHSW again this year and this time round I have decided to join in too.  If you would like to sign up for the January IHSW, which occurs this weekend, pop on over to Joyce's blog and sign up quick sticks!

I have spent the day catching up on all my blog reading and while I have not completely caught up I am nearly there!  Everyone has been very busy doing all these wonderful SAL's, Crazy for January stitching, WIPocalypse, and general stitching - I am quite jealous of all the beautiful things that you have all stitched over the last few weeks.  Well done :o)

It's time for me to say bye bye!  I must now go and find some new design to stitch over the weekend and hopefully fill my ORT's jar up!  There's not many ORT's sitting in the jar at the moment.... so my TUSAL post next week will be very lean I fear!

So til next time, happy stitching

7 comments:

  1. hello deary, so happy to see your post..always very sweet..
    beautiful card..i love kitties so much..i love your card so much..
    keep well and lots of love for you
    hugs cucki xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    January has passed by very fast for me too, I am so busy that I don't realise days are gone.

    The postcard you have stitched is very beautiful, I'm sure Jo will like it a lot.

    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not your fault. I'm very positive that someone stole half January. Not sure who did it, but it did happen!!
    Lovely finish.
    Wishing you lots of stitching fun at your IHSW weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet card! Isn't it scary how fast time is passing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, it's always so nice to de-clutter. It's like finding brand new stuff without spending money, hehehehe. Such a cute card you finished too.

    Happy hermitting this weekend. I'm soooooo glad you're joining us this year. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's true! Time is flying!! Christmas was like 2 days ago and February is almost here :p hehehe
    I have so many charts that I got from friends and also on Cross Stitcher magazine.. I have to start stitching those pretties too :)
    I'm in for IHSW!!! Enjoy your stitching sweetie, have fun!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, that is adorable! We all get into stitching funks but at least yours is productive with de-cluttering! Glad to have you back!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥