I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Totally Useless SAL - New Moon 23 January 2012

Hello again!  As promised I am back today to show you my pathetic looking ORT's jar for January 2012...  Oh well there is a whole 11 months of the year to go yet to fill the jar up again!

I did look around for something new to use for my ORT's this year but so far haven't found the one... so we are back to using the little Moccona coffee jar again.  It served my ORT's so well last year that I feel it's only fitting to use it again for 2012.

Remember how every month I would squish down my ORT's so that they would fit in the jar, well when I pulled them out and un-squished them this is what I ended up with.  I could have probably stretched them out a bit more but they fit just nicely on the lovely cushion/pillow cover for the photograph.  Now I just have to keep them safe until I finish something that I can turn into a pin cushion as I am going to use these beauties as part of the stuffing!
2011 ORT's
Ok, so now is the time for the big reveal - look at the tiny pile.  They do look so lonely in their jar, don't they?  Just goes to show how little stitching I have done this January compared to this time last year.  The ORT's are from the 2 cards that I have done/am doing for my Craft Bubble exchange.

TUSAL January 2012
Dragon, Aussie Flags and the ORT's
For my photo this month I decided to pose the ORT's with one of my beautiful dragons and the Australian flag.  Why have I posed them with the dragon and the flag?  Well... firstly

Happy Chinese New Year!  2012 is the year of the Dragon - and that is me!  Unfortunately Hubby was born in the year of the Dog which makes us mortal enemies but in this the Chinese horoscope is so wrong.  So welcome to the year of the Dragon!  (I guess that this is why I have such a thing for dragons!)

And secondly,

I added the Aussie flag to my TUSAL photo as Thursday is Australia Day.  We are having my brother over for lunch and maybe will go to the beach first thing before it gets too hot.  The temperature is predicted to get to 41 deg C.  A lovely warm day for a day off and a fantastic long weekend... 4 days off work - bliss!

That's it for another TUSAL and ORT report.  I look forward to seeing what is sitting in everyone else's ORT's jar.

Oh and by the way, did you see who the lucky lady was that won last year's amazing TUSAL stash addition.  Pop on over to Daffycat's blog to see the latest news and if you are interested in signing up for the 2012 TUSAL drop in on Daffycat's blog.  Congratulations Catherine of Bramblewood Stitches - enjoy your stunning prize!

Til the next new moon on 21 February 2012, happy stitching and may your collection of ORT's keep growing!


New Moons - 2012
21 February
22 March
21 April
20 May
19 June
19 July
17 August
16 September
15 October
13 November
13 December

10 comments:

  1. I love dragons too, they are great! :D

    Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh I love dragons too..
    LOvely orts
    Have a lovely day xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. I love how orts conform to the container. That how I ended up with George and Jim the rectangular rainbow tribbles.
    I have a big dragon project to stitch but it hasn't seen a stitch this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooo dragons are lovely .. and well done on the orts from last year too :)
    happy stitching :) love mouse xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your steadfast dragon standing guard over the ORTs. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea for your 2011 ORTs. I saved mine, too! What a perfect display for TUSAL #1 with the dragon and flags! Have a great 4 days off!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your idea to reuse the orts! In the past I have scattered mine around my gardens in the spring for the birds that a building their nests.
    My oldest son is a dragon! I was reading the traits earlier and it was amazing how accurate they were to him!
    Happy Austrailia Day!
    Thanks for the shout~out too! I am still in shock about all the great goodies that are headed my way!
    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Australia Day :D
    Sincerely hope you are not concerned by the floods we saw here on TV o_O
    Big hugs
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your 2011 Orts are lovely - they will make a very special pin cushion. Happy Belated Australia Day.

    hugs, Kaye xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment, otherwise I will reply via email! ♥ Note, I have had to enable comment moderation due to the number of spam comments I am currently receiving. Hopefully I can return to normal comment publishing soon :)