I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Monday, January 23, 2012

New Moon on Monday...

Oops, no sorry that is a post for tomorrow, and I also think that title is a Duran Duran song (and yes I am well and truly the age to remember Duran Duran!!)  So if I am going to do my New Moon and TUSAL post tomorrow, then what am I yabbering on about today?

Well, today is a report back on the International Hermit and Stitch Weekend (IHSW).

I didn't get quite as much stitching done over the weekend as I had originally planned but I did get started on the new kitty card.  It is about half way done so that is a result.

Since getting my iphone a couple of weeks ago I have become addicted to it... and Dragonvale!!  So now I have to divide my weekend time around housework, washing, ironing (yuck), blogging (like), cross stitch (like) and Dragonvale (addicted)....  oh and don't forget the furbabies and hubby!!  (double like)

The kitty design that I am now stitching is from the Cross Stitch Crazy magazine issue 137.  The designs are nice bright kitties with colourful flowers.  Just the right design to send to someone in the UK with a February birthday!
"Cool for Cats" designed by Lesley Teare
Cross Stitch Crazy, Issue 137 May 2010
Hopefully next month I will be a lot more productive during the IHSW.  If you want to know more about this wonderful weekend stitch event pop on over to Joyze's blog and have a read and maybe make a note to sign up for next month.   The link to the info page is on my side bar or you could just go from here ... http://joysze.blogspot.com/p/international-hermit-and-stitch-weekend.html

Now before I leave you I have to share a photo of my little kitty.  We were sorting out the spare bedroom for my step-son (Jack is going to come and stay with us for a wee while now that he has finished University and is about to start his job as a Graduate Mining Engineer) and the boys had to help - as they do!  We put a plastic bag (recycled shopping bag) into the waste paper bin and no sooner had we done that and Felix decided that he wanted to sleep in the bin.


First he had to knock the bin over and remove the plastic bag.  I swear to you that he pulled that bag out all by himself... no human help or kitty help involved!

  
And now he fits beautifully in the bin.  No waste paper bin is safe when Felix is around.  Whenever he sees one of these small bins he loves to turn them over on their side to see what's in there.  And they do make such lovely kitty sleep spots.

So til tomorrow when I will be back to show you my pathetically small number of ORT's for January, safe stitching!

10 comments:

  1. LOL, he is cute. I love kitty eye candy, AND stitchy eye candy. And you have both, whoo hoo!! Your stitching looks good, so far Noni. Keep up the good work and you'll be done before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol..felix is so cute..i showed the picture to my kids..and they all saying aww cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    maloo is also looking..lol..
    sweet stitching..
    big hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Noni, Felix is adorable! I love how cats love to be in small spots!! Great progress on your kitty card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo nice card you've stitched and awwwww Felix is sooo cute love the photos of him and the bin ..lol love mouse xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE DURAN DURAN!!! Hehehehe.

    Felix is LOL cute. The kitty design looks great. Can't wait to see it finished. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha I remember Duran Duran too!! LOL :D
    Yeah.. me too.. seems like I never stitch as much as I plan on IHSW :p But I stitched the whole Sunday and Saturday night too, not all bad :)
    Adorable cat that you're stitching!! =)
    Felix is so cute!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi

    Just found your blog.

    Love your kitty project.

    Felix is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty kitty card! I love the pics of your cat. Felix is adorable (and very smart).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love both your kitties :D They are really cute :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥