I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Twisted Stitch-A-Longs


Hello again!  Well, we survived the storms last night.  The media are calling it a one in 100 year storm!  But that probably means nothing these days - they said that about the storm that went through last Tuesday which ended up closing the Perth airport for a number of hours!  This one though was pretty spectacular with some amazing lightning, and that thunder just rolled on and on for hours.  There was a reasonably bit of damage to some people's homes and one town further down south of Perth was even flooded....  Apparently it was Perth's third wettest day for 60 years!  We had 43.6mm of rain yesterday and overnight which actually exceeds Perth's whole summer rainfall average of 35mm!  Looking at the sky tonight I think there is more on the way although the radar doesn't show anything much at the moment.

Enough of the storm chasing.... the storm lasted almost as long as George Clooney's visit to Australia today!!

This is really just a very quick post tonight as I wanted to let you know about some SAL's that are happening at the moment.  I saw these on a couple of blogs today while I was attempting to catch up on blog reading... yet again!  Now while I would love to join in with these I know that I will never be able to keep up so I thought I would do my bit by doing a "shout out" about them so that those of you that may not have heard about them yet can join in.  I will be following the blogs so that I can see what everyone is stitching and who knows maybe next time I might even sign up for one!

These SAL's are all moderated by Vonna from The Twisted Stitcher blog.  There are no rules you just join in and stitch at your own pace.  So if you're interested check them out:

http://ccn-cottages.blogspot.com/ for the new series of CCN Cottages
http://psabcbee.blogspot.com/ for the Prairie Schooler ABC range
http://littlehouseornies.blogspot.com/ for the Little House Needleworks monthly ornaments
http://littlehouseorniestoo.blogspot.com/ for some more Little House Needleworks ornaments

Vonna is also thinking of setting up a SAL for the new LHN Elizabeth Hancock sampler being released this month.  http://elizabethhancock.blogspot.com/

Well that's it for now, so til next time happy stitching!

4 comments:

  1. hello dear, i am so glad that storm passed..and you are all alright..i am thinking of you all so much..
    big hugs for you cucki xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad the storms have passed, I was on skype to my two sisters in Perth during last nights storm, well until they lost internet connection and even here in Ireland I could here the torrential rain and see the mighty flashes of lightening..stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Call me mad, Noni, but I have joined up for all of them!

    By the way, I love the background of your blog - where did you get this gorgeous christmas background?

    Hugs, Kaye xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahahahaha "the storm lasted almost as long as George Clooney's visit to Australia today!!" LOL :D
    Thank you for sharing about the SALs, I'm going to check out the links ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥