I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Totally Useless SAL Update - New Moon 25 November 2011

Hello dear blogging friends!  Here we are again, another New Moon and another ORT Report.

In my little ORT jar this month are lots of colours from all the stitching I have been doing - some of which you have seen and some you haven't as yet viewed.

So what have I stitched this month?  Well, I stitched the Margaret Sherry "Snowman" as part of the MS Lovers Blog SAL; the "Photographer Cat" from the Margaret Sherry book; "Kitty in the Window" from the Christmas Cross Stitch Favourites magazine, and finally I am now stitching a kitty ornament from a Dimensions kit that has been hiding in my stash for many a year!  I haven't posted pics of the photographer cat or kitty in the window yet as they are on their way to opposite ends of the world - once I know they have arrived safe and sound at their destinations I will post a pic for you all to see.

I had planned to take my photo this month with a cute little purple owl that I bought from the Cat Alliance charity group.  We regularly have 2 lovely older ladies sit in our shopping centre for a week knitting and sewing while surrounded by all the gorgeous handcrafted things that they make.  They sell them to public to raise money for the Cat Alliance group - a very worthwhile charity in my humble opinion.

Then yesterday I heard about the death of one of my all time favourite authors - Anne McCaffrey.  My love of fantasy novels was ignited in the early 1980's by reading these wonderful and fantastic books all about the world of Pern and the dragons and their riders.  Anne was born on 1 April 1926 and she died of a massive stroke at her home in Ireland on 21 November 2011, aged 85.  I have read just about every one of her books bar the most recent ones that have come out in the last couple of years.  It's time to start re-reading all about Pern again....

This morning when I took my TUSAL photo I decided to include my lovely orange (maybe he is really a bronze) dragon in the photo with the owl in memory of Anne McCaffrey.

Original TUSAL photo - November 2011
Well, that was this morning.... things changed this afternoon!

While Hubby and I were out shopping this afternoon, we went to Bunnings to get a few things including some new veggie seedlings.  In the Garden section I noticed that they had a new display of air plants (Tallandsia), and in among this display was some dragons.  Dragons... lots of different colours - purple, black, green, orange, blue, some with wizards, some with crystals.... oh, the choice!

We did eventually choose... a green one wrapped around a crystal ball, a purple one siting on a pile of books, and finally a tiny green one for my desk at work.  Below is my new TUSAL photo, complete with seedlings and fresh cat grass plants in the background!  Oh, and of course Oscar enjoying a fresh feed of cat grass!!
New TUSAL photo - November 2011
Dragons are in memory of Anne McCaffrey (1926-2011)
So that's it for this ORT report.  There is one more ORT report to do for 2011... and then we will start all over again next year.

If you wish to sign up for the 2012 TUSAL drop in on Daffycat's blog.

Til the next new moon on 24th December 2011, happy stitching and may your collection of ORT's keep growing!


New Moons - 2011
24 December

1 comment:

  1. hello dear, sweet tusal jar with lovely friends..i love it..
    sweet post..
    keep well.love for you..
    hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment, otherwise I will reply via email! ♥ Note, I have had to enable comment moderation due to the number of spam comments I am currently receiving. Hopefully I can return to normal comment publishing soon :)